New Collection 2014 Now With Pics

KJY

Dear friends,

Just received a newsletter of my MB dealer Appelboom.

If you follow the link you can see pictures and prices and launch dates of this year's collection.

This year MB the info and pics have been leaked very quick as stated in other topics, but now we even can drool over the pics.

I just ordered the 149 90th edition! Can't wait.

Enjoy!

http://www.appelboompennen.nl/newsletters/nieuwsbrief-12-3-2014-EN.html

No affiliation only a very satisfied customer. And really appreciate the info that has been given via a newsletter!

My preferred supplier (no affiliation just a very happy customer):

Appelboom

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KJY

• fountainpende

• isaacrn

• Vlad Soare

Thanks KJY! Somehow missed the 90th editions.

The JFK looks great! Steinway kind of disappointing for me...

Anyone know what size the Meisterstuck Moon Pearl is? 146 I assume?

Edited by Chopper88

Thanks KJY! Somehow missed the 90th editions.

The JFK looks great! Steinway kind of disappointing for me...

Anyone know what size the Meisterstuck Moon Pearl is? 146 is assume?

You are welcome.

I think the Moon pearl is based on the 146, but with a bigger girth like the Meissen masters for Meisterstuck.

Appelboom

The 90th looks right up my ally. I have been wanting to pick up the 75th for some time, but prices are just a bit out of reach. hopefully some better detailed pictures come out. I hope I can hold out until someone on this side of the pond sells them.

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Thanks very much KJY for the link to the new models!

It looks as tough my wallet will take another hit this coming year. So many beautiful designs and interesting ideas. The Solitaire 90 year anniversary is interesting but as it only comes in the Chopin size, I will pass on this one. How nice would it have been as a 146? I think the DeFoe is going to cause many conversations. I personally like it. It is an unusual design for a writers edition, the shape looks a bit like a starwalker to me. One of my favorties is the JFK. I like the sleek design and the colour is wonderful. I think the biggest surprise for me is the new "Cruise" line. They definitely recall the Generation. I think it was a good call to add something to the lower tier of the market.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

It looks as tough my wallet will take another hit this coming year. So many beautiful designs and interesting ideas. The Solitaire 90 year anniversary is interesting but as it only comes in the Chopin size, I will pass on this one. How nice would it have been as a 146? I think the DeFoe is going to cause many conversations. I personally like it. It is an unusual design for a writers edition, the shape looks a bit like a starwalker to me. One of my favorties is the JFK. I like the sleek design and the colour is wonderful. I think the biggest surprise for me is the new "Cruise" line. They definitely recall the Generation. I think it was a good call to add something to the lower tier of the market.

I think ill be getting the 90th 149 first...and then hopefully the JFK by the end of the year. I think I will be passing on the WE this year as well.

Or better as a solitaire 149, but given the prices of the chopin size I think it is better they don't bring out bigger models in this one.

:lticaptd:

Appelboom

The 90th looks right up my ally. I have been wanting to pick up the 75th for some time, but prices are just a bit out of reach. hopefully some better detailed pictures come out. I hope I can hold out until someone on this side of the pond sells them.

That's what I thought too. Hopefully it doesn't come with a MOP star for the sake of the resale value of my own 149 75th LE!

Appelboom

I think ill be getting the 90th 149 first...and then hopefully the JFK by the end of the year. I think I will be passing on the WE this year as well.

The 90th 149 will be very nice. This will provide the opportunity to get the Rose Gold coloured trim without buying the 75th LE.

" Gladly would he learn and gladly teach" G. Chaucer

That's what I thought too. Hopefully it doesn't come with a MOP star for the sake of the resale value of my own 149 75th LE!

Im really hoping it has the MOP star. I still don't have a MOP star and its driving me nuts.

The 90th 149 will be very nice. This will provide the opportunity to get the Rose Gold coloured trim without buying the 75th LE.

Im really hoping it has the MOP star. I still don't have a MOP star and its driving me nuts.

That is what I mean. If one can get the MOP star in the regular edition then why bothering buying the LE in the same trim?

On the other hand I would't mind another MOP-star in the collection!! :wub: :wub:

Appelboom

Interesting post. The new POA looks very much like the Collodi.

First impressions of the WE pen are that I'm underwhelmed. Hopefully it will be more of a grower when you see it in the flesh.

I don't like the idea that they are re-releasing existing pens in different colours (Grace Kelly) as this shows a lack of imagination.

I'm tempted by a rose gold 149 though as I don't yet have a 149.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Thanks for posting these! I think that I will be saving up for a Rose Gold 149 90th.

I really like the detail on the metal sections of the Dafoe, but the feather clip is a bit of a turn off. Aside from that, I think that it looks like one of the more appealing WE pens.

I would love to come into some easy money so that I could afford to get a Moon Pearl. That is a terrific looking pen. The 90th Solitaire looks great too, but I think that 146 size is the smallest that I really want to use.

wow --- thanks for the link!

www.fountainpen.de - the website for Montblanc and Astoria collectors

logo.gif

Interesting post. The new POA looks very much like the Collodi.

<SNIP>

I'm tempted by a rose gold 149 though as I don't yet have a 149.

Sorry, did I hear you correctly...you have every last one of the WEs but you DON'T have a 149? :yikes:

Disappointed the pretty resin is in the itty bitty size. If they'd gone larger, I would've been all over that. Moon Pearl is lovely, so maybe...

The 90th is suppose to come out sometime in April. I would still like to see if there is a MOP star. The nib is slated to only have the 90 on it. There are no graphics the way the 75th had. This is what i was told though.

Looks like another batch of pens that are likely more beautiful and impressive in real life than in pics. Looking forward to holding the JFK.