**update** Return Of Sailor Limited Edition Inks

Randwulfr

Thanks to the OP who let us know about this opportunity! My order of two inks arrived yesterday (about a week from ordering) in good shape. Haven't got an empty pen to ink yet but will try to post a picture as soon as I do.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• attika89

• Brian Anderson

• Fabienne

I am starting to get worried. Mine shipped on 3/18, tracking showed it in Tokyo on 3/19, and nothing since then. I live in MI, and was hoping it'd be here by now. Atsu told me approximately 10 days, and it has been 12, but I was hoping to see something via the tracking.

It isn't like I have nothing else to occupy my time, but I have been looking forward to this ever since I saw the photos of the old yama-dori.

:(

I am starting to get worried. Mine shipped on 3/18, tracking showed it in Tokyo on 3/19, and nothing since then. I live in MI, and was hoping it'd be here by now. Atsu told me approximately 10 days, and it has been 12, but I was hoping to see something via the tracking.

It isn't like I have nothing else to occupy my time, but I have been looking forward to this ever since I saw the photos of the old yama-dori.

Maybe you could try some other tracking services, like 17track or trackonline and see if there is anything more there. But I'd say it is nothing unusual so far.

Usually postal services don't work on the weekends, so when he says 10 days, he means 10 *business* days. If it shipped March 18th, today is the 10th day. I wouldn't start worrying just yet! :)

I ordered mine on March 18th, live in Michigan, and haven't received mine either! I am able to track my shipment and it is bouncing all over Michigan since the 29th. Really - take a look:

Processed through USPS Sort Facility - ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 - March 31, 2014 11:41 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility - MOUNT CLEMENS, MI 48046 - March 31, 2014 8:14 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility - ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 - March 30, 2014

Processed through USPS Sort Facility - ALLEN PARK, MI 48101 - March 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Processed through USPS Sort Facility - TROY, MI 48099 - March 29, 2014 12:12 pm

Out for Delivery -TROY, MI 48099 - March 29, 2014 8:16 am

Sorting Complete - TROY, MI 48099- March 29, 2014 8:06 am

Arrival at Unit - TROY, MI 48099 - March 29, 2014 4:17 am

Depart USPS Sort Facility - FLUSHING, NY 11351- March 24, 2014

Processed through USPS Sort Facilit - FLUSHING, NY 11351 - March 23, 2014 12:51 pm

Processed Through Sort Facility - ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS) - March 21, 2014 6:18 pm

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment - Processed Through Sort Facility - TOKYO INT D, JAPAN - March 19, 2014 1:26 pm

Acceptance - JAPAN - March 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Edited by threeamigos

OK - mine arrived today in great shape. Took a bit of navigating through Michigan, but well worth the wait. I went with Yama-Dori, Shigure, and Miruai.

According to our distributor this morning, These inks will be available in the US for June delivery:

Shigure

Tokiwa-Matsu

Nioi-Sumire

Miruai

Souten

Doyou

Yama-Dori

Oku-Yama

Our order is in, now for the wait!

I am interested in Shigure and Yama- Dori. Glad to see that those are included in your order.

Duplicate post when uploading picture!

Edited by WOBentley

This post contains 100% recycled electrons

http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae8/Catriker/Pen%20Pics/SmallCzarNikolai.jpg

Staying in Matsumoto tonight and on our way to dinner passed by the Maruzen there...SCORE!

山鳥 Yama-dori

奥山 Oku-yama

海松藍 Miru-ai

And Shigure (I can't find the Kanji for that one)

post-52224-0-79570300-1396528634_thumb.jpg

Staying in Matsumoto tonight and on our way to dinner passed by the Maruzen there...SCORE!

Nice! While you're there, you should check out the Athena Inks, which are made for Maruzen by Sailor. Eternal Blue is beautimous.

Edited by swanjun

Nice! While you're there, you should check out the Athena Inks, which are made for Maruzen by Sailor. Eternal Blue is beautimous.

Thanks! I picked that and one of the Greens up in the Maruzen in Tokyo, I already had a bottle of the Sepia. Next ink journey will be for Bung Box inks...and I am particularly interested in the Bird and Bug series just released...picture attached from a different thread but I can't link from my phone...

post-52224-0-86732200-1396568430_thumb.jpg

Thanks! I picked that and one of the Greens up in the Maruzen in Tokyo, I already had a bottle of the Sepia. Next ink journey will be for Bung Box inks...and I am particularly interested in the Bird and Bug series just released...picture attached from a different thread but I can't link from my phone...

If you go for Bung Box inks try to get a bottle of Starry Night. They only sell that online in a case of a dozen so it'll be worth trying to buy a bottle in the store.

Those "bird & insect" ink swatches are the 5th Anniversary range I bought from Kingdom Note. They're really different to the usual Sailor bespoke colours. I like them.

Verba volant, scripta manent

10 days after first starting to worry, my suspicions are getting firmer. No package.

The only info tracking has is that it left Japan on 3/19. Zilch since then. Atsu and I are trying to work both ends, but I have no confidence that it will turn up. Lost in the %^&*(%^&*!!! ether, apparently.

This is the first time I have ever lost an international package, and it irritates. I was looking forward to this, probably disproportionally so.

TIP

I've got a few of these inks and I noticed a date stamp on the boxes, which I suspected were Use By dates. Mine are 14-2-17 and 14-2-19, but one box had 14-2-13 on it. I was worried that this last bottle was one of the left over orignal production run and was therefore expired. I checked with Atsu and he reminded me that in Japan their date format is YY-MM-DD. And these are the production dates of the ink.

Duh - silly me! :blush:

PS I'm in love with Oku-yama

Edited by migo984

Verba volant, scripta manent

Well, I am pretty much giving up on my shipment of Yama Dori from Atsu.

Atsu reports that the Japan Postal Service indicates the package has certainly left Japan. The US Postal Service indicates it has never entered the United States.

I guess it is on that isalnd with Tom Hanks in Castaway. @^$%

Sorry to hear that, I can feel your pain.

I've been waiting for 5 weeks for a bottle of Yama-budo bought on Amazon.ca. I just sent an email to the seller, a little over 5 weeks is just too much!