**update** Return Of Sailor Limited Edition Inks

Randwulfr

Has anyone tried the Nioi Sumire? Looks like an interesting lighter grayish blue violet.

Dan

Edited by DanF

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• attika89

• Fabienne

• randomthinks

The Nioi Sumire is a perfect Lavender! Not really greyish at all. Unfortunately just cleaned the pen that held it so cannot post pictures but I would recommend it.

Wish list: Aurora Optima

Current inked Pens: Pilot Decimo - Noodlers BBH, MB Mozart - MB Lavender

Pelikan M150 - Noodlers Kung te Cheng

It's definitely back! Sailor Yama-dori March 2014 edition.

Even under my horrible office fluourescent lights, with a rubbish camera phone, you can see the wonderful sheen!

*ignore the colour tones of the ink - the lighting changes the background to a deep cream and the ink to a very dark shade*

Verba volant, scripta manent

bleair - here's the link for the ink review index section that covers Sailor inks. There are a ton of reviews to check out. :D

I never got around to trying Nioi-sumire. In some pictures it looked great -

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5177/5542082500_307334dbde_z.jpg

... but in most it looked totally insipid. I tend to prefer really saturated, vibrant colours, so the plethora of these types of pictures did not inspire my confidence. I'll wait until someone I know gets it, or until people put up a lot more reviews. :P

https://flic.kr/p/9pM9Xg

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6140/5984116175_b8f8712168_n.jpg

Mmmmm, just got my shipping notice from Atsu. I am beyond excited. Putting in in my MB and going to town. Yessss. I have not been this excited about an ink since Visconti Purple...I hope these are better than that one, and I am sure they are.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg

Saskia, Agchristy --- Thanks for the reports.

Dan

"Life is like an analogy" -Anon-

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l279/T-Caster/DSC_0334_2.jpg

Thanks Saskia for the great scans and information. I have Scabiosa, Kujaku and Tsukiyo so I can imagine what the others look like in person.

Atsu was out of Yamadori when I ordered, so I'll have to wait until more arrives, but I was able to pick up Tokiwamatsu and Kobe #19 Lime Green. I'm eager to start using them.

Atsu was out of Yamadori when I ordered, so I'll have to wait until more arrives, but I was able to pick up Tokiwamatsu and Kobe #19 Lime Green. I'm eager to start using them.

Darn it. It looks like I will have to wait as well then.

Thanks for all the comparisons, saskia! I'll definitely need to clear some space in my ink drawer for when Todd gets these in stock.

Any hopes to see the return of

Rikyu-Cha

Waka Uguisu

(crosses fingers, promises to get off Santa's naughty list for ink!)

How is Waka-uguisu? I never got to try it out. Id' be THRILLED if they re-released Rikyu-cha though! :D

Boy I wish I knew! I fell in love with the color according to what I've seen in ink reviews, but was late in the game of inks and fountain pens to get any when it was available. I have Alt-Goldgrun and warmed up to its subtleties. I'd like one just a tad yellower/greener.

I tried Iro chiku-rin, tried to like it, tried to want it, but it's the worst of the Iro's for behavior of the ones I've tried and the color was sheepishly *meh*. I did see where someone added some blue and it looked quite nice.

Couldn't get Yama-dori as it's out. :bawl:

However I did managed to order Tokiwa-matsu and a Bungbox Emerald from Atsu.

Can't wait till it arrives! :D

It's definitely back! Sailor Yama-dori March 2014 edition.

Even under my horrible office fluourescent lights, with a rubbish camera phone, you can see the wonderful sheen!

attachicon.gifyama-dori.jpg

*ignore the colour tones of the ink - the lighting changes the background to a deep cream and the ink to a very dark shade*

Sweeeet! Mine shipped earlier this week from Atsu in Japan. I cannot wait.

Mine were last seen in Japan waiting to board the plane.

It's for Yew!bastardchildlil.jpg