**update** Return Of Sailor Limited Edition Inks

Randwulfr

Good news for all fans of Sailor's limited edition inks (and better news for those folks who weren't able to lay hands on these inks before stocks were depleted). It looks as if Sailor has re-released SEVEN of their beloved limited editions, and it sounds as if these will now be available on a permanent basis (so people won't have to go into full hoarding mode, and the stocks can be distributed more equitably among those who would like some).

My point of contact has been Atsu, who operates on eBay as "cool-japan." I believe he is well-known to many FPNers, some of whom may have guessed that he was the source of my information. His price for the yama-dori was $24.99. (I've also purchased Bung Box, Maruzen Athena, and Nagasawa Kobe inks from him. If you want hard-to-find Japanese ink, I think Atsu is the person for you.) I did not want to advertise this until Atsu gave me the OK; I now have his permission, so here's what he has sent me to share with you.

Happy shopping to all!

===================================================

Second, regarding how to contact me, it's the best way for me if people can contact me on ebay first (http://www.ebay.com/usr/cool-japan). There is still a possibility that the maker runs out of their stock temporarily, but probably I can meet people's request or order even if it takes time a little bit, because the limited edition has been changed to the regular product.

By the way, re-released inks are:

山鳥 Yama-dori
奥山 Oku-yama
常盤松 Tokiwa-matsu
匂菫 Nioi-sumire
海松藍 Miru-ai
蒼天 Sou-ten
土用 Do-you

Thank you so much.

regards,

-Atsu

- cool-japan

Pelikan 600 M • Pelikan 600 F • 1950s Pelikan 400 M flex

1950s Pelikan 400 OBB Pelikan 200 Binder 0.9mm Cursive Italic •

Pelikan 200 Binder 1.1mm Music • 1950s Pelikan 140 OBB

1950s Soennecken 309 OBB

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• saskia_madding

• attika89

• Fabienne

• randomthinks

Yessssssss~~~~!!!

*runs off to check out ordering options*

Sheen junkie, flex nib enthusiast, and all-around lover of fountain pens...

Wheee!

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love

Searched ebay at the link provided and found none of these inks. Do you have a more exact URL?

I think it is too expensive. The lowest price in rakuten is ¥840. Even the highest is ¥1000 which is equivalent to $10 or less

I think it is too expensive. The lowest price in rakuten is ¥840. Even the highest is ¥1000 which is equivalent to $10 or less

Can you provide the links please?

Verba volant, scripta manent

I just paid my invoice for my Yama-dori order. It's at cool-japan!

Could you please link me to the Yama-dori? I can't seem to find it on his ebay site.

Thanks,

Kev

Could you please link me to the Yama-dori? I can't seem to find it on his ebay site.

Thanks,

Kev

They aren't on his site I don't think. Randwulfr's post above includes the info about how to email cool-japan direct.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Can you provide the links please?

it is the original japanese site.

http://search.rakuten.co.jp/search/mall?f=1&v=2&p=1&min=&max=&sf=0&st=A&g=0&sitem=%E3%82%BB%E3%83%BC%E3%83%A9%E3%83%BC+%E5%9B%9B%E5%AD%A3%E5%BD%A9&nitem=&x=0&s=2

I recommend you to use google chrome because it is equipped with auto translation in case you don't speak japanese.

Edited by pelicanachic

It's true that $25 is expensive given the initial cost of the ink, but comparatively, it's not bad. White Rabbit gave me this quote:

$8.74 for the ink

$5.14 shipping to White Rabbit

$11.11 White Rabbit Express service fee

TOTAL of $24.99, exactly Atsu's cost. If you buy more than one, the shipping to WRE will go up, as will the service fee. And none of that includes shipping to North America.

We have to face it, guys. Unless we can find a place that we can order directly from that will ship to North America from Japan, we might be out of luck.

I have ordered one bottle of Tokiwa-matsu, Yama-dori, and Miruai. I'm going to compare them to the old bottles and make sure they are the same before I start stocking up.

One final note - http://item.rakuten.co.jp/supply-center/12003896/ - that makes it look like Shigure is also getting re-released. I've asked Atsu about it and I'll report back what he says.

It's true that $25 is expensive given the initial cost of the ink, but comparatively, it's not bad. White Rabbit gave me this quote:

$8.74 for the ink

$5.14 shipping to White Rabbit

$11.11 White Rabbit Express service fee

TOTAL of $24.99, exactly Atsu's cost. If you buy more than one, the shipping to WRE will go up, as will the service fee.

We have to face it, guys. Unless we can find a place that we can order directly from that will ship to North America from Japan, we might be out of luck.

I have ordered one bottle of Tokiwa-matsu, Yama-dori, and Miruai. I'm going to compare them to the old bottles and make sure they are the same before I start stocking up.

One final note - http://item.rakuten.co.jp/supply-center/12003896/ - that makes it look like Shigure is also getting re-released. I've asked Atsu about it and I'll report back what he says.

okay. I understand. I didn't know the international shipping is included.

that makes a more reasonable price.

Will you let us know your findings? Pretty-please?

:D

-- Constance

Good news for all fans of Sailor's limited edition inks ...

Randwulfr! Thank you for giving us all the heads up on these inks. I've contacted Atsu and made my order.

It's interesting that these 'Seasons' are at least coming back to the Japan market. Personally hope they'll become available through US distributors as well.

...writing only requires focus, and something to write on. —John August

...and a pen that's comfortable in the hand.—moi

Thanks for the clarification on ordering. I've now ordered 1 each of Yama-dori and Doyou. I look forward to using them both.

Atsu says these are all becoming part of the regular Jentle lineup; that availability should be good going forward and that they are not a limited edition.

This seems even better news.

Does this mean most of the usual retailers (save Goulet's) will be carrying these Sailor inks that have been added to the regular lineup of Jentle?

Kev

I can confirm. I went into my local pen shop yesterday and by chance they had a box of the new Sailor inks behind the counter. I inquired about it and was told the same thing about how they are being added to the Jentle line of inks. Got myself a bottle of Miruai and will be back for Yama-dori!

post-110221-0-43198000-1394629688.jpg

I emailed a couple of US retailers that carry Sailor products (JetPens and iSellPens) to see if they are planning on adding these inks to their stores. JetPens said they'd think about it, Todd at iSellPens said he can only sell them if his distributor starts stocking them, and the ETA is unknown. (I have no affiliation with either retailer, I am just a customer hungry for ink!)