Mont Blanc Alfred Hitchcock Vs 149

vikrmbedi

I was wondering if the nib of AH is equal to nib of 146 or 149. (in my knowledge, very few pens have 149 size nibs in montblanc...like the Hemmingway and dumas )

so it is a shout out to all the members to post some comparative shots (comparing nib size, width, height with and without cap etc) of both the pens together.

regards

Vikram

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• vikrmbedi

• meiers

• Sblakers

• christianch

They both have perfect, glass-smooth, juicy nibs.

The look of the nibs is quite different.

no doubt , the nibs would be good...but the purpose of the post is to get a comparison pictures of the montblanc Alfred Hitchcock, 146 and 149.

If I am not mistaken the Hitchcock uses a gussied up 146 nib. Or to put it exactly, a montblanc -#6 sized nib

http://m.montblanc.com/en/products/limited-editions/great-characters/alfred-hitchcock.aspx

There are really nice shots of the pen and its nib to be found on the MB site.

i have visited the montblanc website. there are really nice shots of the Hitchcock here on the forum too...but I wanted to see comparison shots between the 3 pens, in general to compare pen sizes as well... actually the nearest boutique is a good 800 kms away from me and I was wondering if it is worth making the trip.

If I am not mistaken the Hitchcock uses a gussied up 146 nib. Or to put it exactly, a montblanc -#6 size

that's what i thought they very rarely use 149 sized nibs. thanks.

I own a Hitchcock and the Nib is very similar to a 146 (in size) but it does write better in my opinion (or it simply had a better finish).

finally got the mb Hitchcock. : ).

http://i.imgur.com/IGPc6nr.jpg

Edited by vikrmbedi

• 4 months later...

Just came across this thread as I was looking on the MB site at the AH pen, and what struck me was the photography on the site,very dramatic but poor on detail especially of the nib. I've seen some fantastic photos on this forum, some very talented individuals who would give the MB marketing people a run for their money.

Nice pen,vikrmbedi, I love the design (except for the clip,it's just not to my taste,although I know many members love it)

Edited by chunya

Not had a chance to see it in person, but i love how it looks in pics.

WTB Sheaffer Balance oversized with a flex nib, semi flex, broad, or medium in carmine red or grey striated.

Wtb Sheaffer Pfm in black or blue with a medium or broad nib.

The Hitchcock pocket clip its brilliant !

A wise man once said    " the best revenge is wealth "   but a wiser man answered back    " the best revenge is happiness "

The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this thread as I was looking on the MB site at the AH pen, and what struck me was the photography on the site,very dramatic but poor on detail especially of the nib. I've seen some fantastic photos on this forum, some very talented individuals who would give the MB marketing people a run for their money.

Nice pen,vikrmbedi, I love the design (except for the clip,it's just not to my taste,although I know many members love it)

hi, thank you for your comments.... the thing is, if you look at it as a knife...you would see a knife and dislike it. but I look at it as a vintage style riveted clip....(with a deadly secret... : ) )

Not had a chance to see it in person, but i love how it looks in pics.

it is one of the few pens that are actually more brilliant in actual life....no one can capture its true beauty. (just my opinion)

The Hitchcock pocket clip its brilliant !

+ 1 : )

I prefer the 149

Pens are like watches , once you start a collection, you can hardly go back. And pens like all fine luxury items do improve with time

• 11 months later...

The most (IMHO) remarkable thing about the Hitch is the feeling that it becomes part of my fist while writing.

And I usually like light pens that post. Go figure..

Cheers,

“It’s better to light a candle than curse the darkness

The most (IMHO) remarkable thing about the Hitch is the feeling that it becomes part of my fist....

Norman Bates has said something very similar.

Fred

• 4 years later...