• HalloweenHJB

• JonSzanto

• lgsoltek

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have only one thing to add:

http://www.nancyjamrog.com/sitebuilder/images/BigBlackRectangle-1022x871.jpg

What did you add? The link is broken.

Oh, when I reposted it showed... a black rectangle? Hmm.... are you trying to readjust your eyes?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

The negative space is a cool drink of water to eyes that have been burned! ;)

(I had no idea about the image link not working, shows up for me - sorry)

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

The negative space is a cool drink of water to eyes that have been burned! ;)

(I had no idea about the image link not working, shows up for me - sorry)

It shows up now. :) I'm sure if I stared at black long enough, it too would be retinal searing.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Pardon me, I'll be looking at some nice Mark Rothko canvases now... :cloud9:

"When Men differ in Opinion, both Sides ought equally to have the Advantage of being heard by the Publick; and that when Truth and Error have fair Play, the former is always an overmatch for the latter."

~ Benjamin Franklin

But, Jon, you don't understand, I NEED a new ink. Okay, well maybe I don't need it, but I want it. I want another vibrant ink. What do you suggest?

BTW, I want to see a recent picture of your ink stash.

OK, Amber Lea: here's THE place to make your own: http://www.dayglo.com/design_center/

They claim they can make a Day-glo anything with their dyes and such. Maybe you could specifiy the ultimate eye-searing ink series? (NO...not for me! BSB looks OK for a signature, but a few pages written in it?)

Washington Nationals 2019: the fight for .500; "stay in the fight"; WON the fight

MY EYES!

:D

In a world where there are no eyes the sun would not be light, and in a world where there were no soft skins rocks would not be hard, nor in a world where there were no muscles would they be heavy. Existence is relationship and you're smack in the middle of it.

- Alan Watts

Ooo..... I've had fun.

I asked if they could make inks that are FP safe.

http://www.dayglo.com/media/images/3d/Fluorescent/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Corona_Magenta/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Corona_Magenta_still.jpg

http://www.dayglo.com/media/images/3d/Fluorescent_plus_cyan/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Signal_Green_plus_cyan/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Signal_Green_plus_cyan_still.jpg

http://www.dayglo.com/media/images/3d/Fluorescent_plus_cyan/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Aurora_Pink_plus_cyan/DayGlo_Fluorescent_Aurora_Pink_plus_cyan_still.jpg

Diamine Peach Haze

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/Colors/Orange/Diamine_Peach_Haze.jpg

I love the peach, wish I would have bought this one instead of Diamine's orange. The orange is realllly bright but too light for use as anything other than a highlighter/drawing ink.

@arts_nibs

I love the peach, wish I would have bought this one instead of Diamine's orange. The orange is realllly bright but too light for use as anything other than a highlighter/drawing ink.

Right now I only have a sample. The first time I tried it it didn't mesmerize me. The second time, I really started to like it. Here it is with Dragon's Napalm.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_121.jpg

No Iroshizuku Chiku Rin? What an amazing, laser green/yellow.

No Iroshizuku Chiku Rin? What an amazing, laser green/yellow.

Ooo, I haven't tried it, but it should go on the list?

When colors are used, I like the very brightest and richest. A note or letter that leaves me with smoking hair and radiation burns is a very special one B)

Right now I only have a sample. The first time I tried it it didn't mesmerize me. The second time, I really started to like it. Here it is with Dragon's Napalm.

http://sheismylawyer.com/She_Thinks_In_Ink/2014-Inklings/2014-Ink_121.jpg

What are the outlines done with here? Marker, I am presuming. Otherwise, I want that tan ink!

Amber, I really love your drawings! Thanks for sharing so much with us!

As far as some bright inks, here's a few I'd throw out there to the list:

Oranges: Pelikan Edelstein Mandarin, Iroshizuku Fuyu-Gaki,

Green: Iroshizuku Chiku-Rin (yes it should go on the list), J. Herbin Vert Pre, J. Herbin Diabolo Menthe, Diamine Soft Mint

Purple: Noodler's Bay State Concord Grape, Private Reserve Purple Haze

Blue: Diamine Aqua Lagoon, Diamine Steel Blue (dark yet bright), Diamine Beau Blue, Noodlers Lightning Blue, J.H. Blue Azure

Those are all one's I've tried and enjoy for various purposes, some writing, some highlighting.

What has caught my eye, but I have yet to try, are the Organic Studios inks. They seem to have some bright ones, like: Emily Dickinson, Neon, Nickel, Uranium, and Vanadium.

And whatever you do try, please keep us posted with more great pics!

Edit: Looking back at the whole post I realized you had a couple of those...

-Lee

Edited by leeowens337

Orange: Diamine Pumpkin, Iroshizuku Fuyu-gaki

Purple: Private Reserve DC Supershow Violet

Green: MB Irish Green

Noodler's Blue Ghost (obviously only under black light)

Of course, so many of my inks are black, these seem bright to me.

Smith Premier No. 4

Well, see, I'm going to add to my collection and I'm getting ideas from you. If any of you have some pics to post, I'd love to see them.