Can Someone Find Me A Body For This Nib?

Trouble

I find it difficult to find a way to fix my boheme with the prices out there soaring higher than what the pen is worth in reality, and I do love the idea of having a boheme, prices start from 205 euro just to shell itself, and that without the cap and used.

Does anyone know that with a size 2 feeder, at 3.9mm length, and with a 2 mm nib in length, 4810, 14k 585 mono color can be used in other pens in general?

I do not want to sell this nib, I simply ADORE it to death and if I cannot find a solution fixing my boheme I see me Frankensteining (a new verb in the MB dictionary I read) to save this nib from being stored away.

Any ideas are welcome, it does not have to be an MB it can be something else.

Thank you in advance.

post-110610-0-60066900-1394050206_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Trouble

• Chrissy

• chunya

• GTOZack

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Consider getting a custom pen made to house the nib and feed. There are several folks out there who make nice pens in custom shapes and colors. Brian at Edison Pens, Shawn Newton of Newton Pens, Scriptorium Pens, and many others. There are bound to be some in Europe as well. You could also post a "want to buy" on various pen forums for a body to fit your nib with a price cieling and see what is offered.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Maybe you could find one on ebay that is cheap because it has a damaged nib and then get the nib swapped over.

I don't know if this nib is the same size as the 144 or Classic sized Meisterstuck. They are both small nibs and it would make sense if they were both the same size. I would ask Montblanc if both pens are compatible with the same nib.

Then you might be able to look for either a used Boheme or a used 144

Edited by Chrissy

those two used are too expensive for his price range he once stated in another topic.

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Have you considered Mont Blanc service? In the US $80 will fix most pens.

"how do I know what I think until I write it down?"

Thanks....but where would I post I want to buy? Here on the site u mean? As for Edison...well Brian and I cant get over a small shipping problem due to Greek customs so I have to buy from England. But they wont make me a custom pen..I just bought 5 pens this month alone so another 350$ wouldnt make my wife happy. Plus...I must say..looking at an edison with a Mb Nib might be a joke even for me to look at!!! I will try to find someone who can do it in Europe or get on from India!!! I have a few stores there which do anything in ebonite or pearl...or any material for less than anything in Europe. I certianly don't want another MB though since the boheme is the best shell for this nib in my subjective and very humble opinion..

I really am new to MB fountain pens and dont know my way around the sites.

I can tell u anything about Sailor nibs and pens though!!!

Chrissy. Thank u..buy as mentioned I am trying to find any shell for the nib. The other MB u mentioned have less character than the Boheme..and an empty shell is 205euro as I found it on ebay yesterday. That is absurd. Simply way over the top even for someone who is desperate.

I will put up a classified here as u mentioned and maybe make a few calls and get something custom made..but in Europe. Something really different. With a MB theme maybe..something really unique. Without going over $200 on it. I know its hard but there are the Indian pen makers who will make any style any colour any material u want with lesa than $100. But it takes them two months to make it and 30 days to send it...

Have you considered Mont Blanc service? In the US $80 will fix most pens.

They dont have that in Greece or in Europe I found out ..for models which are extinct..like the Boheme is.

Edited by Trouble

I do have to say that U guys here are great help. Most of all u r knowledgable..unlike I am unfortunately.

Edited by Trouble

They dont have that in Greece or in Europe I found out ..for models which are extinct..like the Boheme is.

I don't think what you're stating here is correct. Send an email direct to MB from their website and state the situation. They service pens much older and more extinct than the Boheme - it will mean getting it sent to Germany, but I'm sure this is the case. I'm presuming you have contacted the boutique in Athens or in Thessaloniki? If one of these has told you that they don't service Bohemes and it's not true, I'm sure their head office would like to know about it!

"Truth can never be told, so as to be understood, and not be believ'd." (Wiiliam Blake)

Visit my review: Thirty Pens in Thirty Days

I did call the official MB in Athens. They told me they charge with no flat pricing. He told me every part from Germany which would take a month or so. The cost he quoted me was 300 the least from the pictures I sent him.

I am fairly sure that if your pen went back to Hamburg they would fix it if they have the required parts

I have written to them actually, and I am awaiting a response, I cannot lose this nib and feeder. In case they do not fix it, I will have to take it to a new home. I adore this pen.

I did call the official MB in Athens. They told me they charge with no flat pricing. He told me every part from Germany which would take a month or so. The cost he quoted me was 300 the least from the pictures I sent him.

With the greatest respect that person has given you bad information. He is quoting you an incorrect price. I have the correct prices from the head of customer services in the UK and everything that is included within those flat rates.

If your pen has a nib, then it will be fixed within flat rate 1 which is £60 here. That's why I guessed it would be about €65 for you. It cannot possibly be €300 because that price isn't even the level 3 service price that includes a replacement nib that you don't want.

You should go onto the Montblanc website and send a message to Germany. All you need to do is to select Germany as the Country you live in and you will be able to send a message directly to Hamburg on the web-site

Chrissy, First of all thank you for caring.

I did exactly that this morning, I went to the home site and wrote to them, I sent them the service of MB in Athens and they can verify my phone call for themselves. My nib and feed are PERFECT, I mean, really amazing, the missing parts are the grip, a little machine oil to make the pen more smooth when you retract the nib and it has a defective, end cap which is very visible when the pen is uncapped.

That's it. I had more problems but I fixed them all myself, so no work needed on the rest of the pen. It has some green moss growing on it, but I can deal with that immediately and some paint which is needed on the threads of the pens back end. I don't mind doing those things myself!!

I cannot tell you how happy I would be if I could fix this with 70 euro! This is a great pen for my collection but more so, it is my favorite pen to use by day for writing and to take out with me to work, etc.

It may not be a signature pen, but it certainly one of the best nibs I have used in my very short fountain pen life. I have the 149 75th ann model which is new and it isn't as smooth as the 14k 4810 nib on the Boheme. I know that sounds absurd, but I keep on testing both and I keep on getting the same results. I could even say I try to make the 149 the winner, but it simply isn't considering the smoothness part. Both nibs are medium.

When I do get a letter from Germany I will post it obviously.

Thanks again Chrissy, and all of you for actually being REAL people and trying to help me.

i admire you for keeping your chin up in this kind of situation

'The Yo-Yo maneuver is very difficult to explain. It was first perfected by the well-known Chinese fighter pilot Yo-Yo Noritake. He also found it difficult to explain, being quite devoid of English.

So we left it at that. He showed us the maneuver after a sort. B*****d stole my kill.'

-Squadron Leader K. G. Holland, RAF. WWII China.

Montblanc Germany was appaled from what i told them. They will fix it asap with 69.

Im one very very happy camper..

I told him about the site here. He loved it..

Montblanc Germany was appaled from what i told them. They will fix it asap with 69.

Im one very very happy camper..

I told him about the site here. He loved it..

I am not surprised they were appalled, given the information you got from one of their boutiques