Pelikan M205 Toledo Red

pankbiet

I just picked up a Taupe M205 with a broad nib from Pen Chalet's Memorial Day sale (about $87 with free shipping using the code MEMORIAL).

And so what are you inking it with?

I've only fed mine J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune. It just seems to fit this pen.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GeekyGirl

• sotto2

• pankbiet

• Newjelan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And so what are you inking it with?

I've only fed mine J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune. It just seems to fit this pen.

Cool, I have some Waterman purple around here. Maybe I'll give that a try. It's great in my ivory Visconti Rembrandt.

Is yours a broad nib?

http://i59.tinypic.com/ekfh5f.jpg

Cool, I have some Waterman purple around here. Maybe I'll give that a try. It's great in my ivory Visconti Rembrandt.

Is yours a broad nib?

No, mine is fine. However, I saw an image of this ink in a TWSBI stub italic nib and it looked completely different–different in a great way! I like that there is a very understated elegance to the taupe color, especially with the silver, as opposed to gold, accents. I like Poussiere de Lune for the same reason, that it is very understated and different. Both colors are easy on the eyes and the ink is easy to look at for pages at a time. It dries to a nice muted color, just like the pen. Well, I guess the pen doesn't exactly "dry" but you get the idea. :P

I've been jones-ing for another Pelikan for quite awhile, especially with a broad nib. Taupe was the only color available in B at the Pen Chalet M205 sale, but I'm good with that. I'm using mostly broad nibs now on everything so I can change inks more often. Plus I can easily switch that nib around to a couple M215s I have if I want.

I've been jones-ing for another Pelikan for quite awhile, especially with a broad nib. Taupe was the only color available in B at the Pen Chalet M205 sale, but I'm good with that. I'm using mostly broad nibs now on everything so I can change inks more often. Plus I can easily switch that nib around to a couple M215s I have if I want.

I have an M215 as well, the rings version, in a medium nib. I really can't tell the difference between medium and fine Pelikan steel nibs, except of really cheap paper. Congratulations on your purchase. I think you will really like your new pen! –Mine is one of my favorites, even over my gold-nibbed Pelikans.

Thanks! I prefer the weight of the M215s, but yes, those flexy steel nibs are really excellent, preferable to the semi-nail I have in an M600.

That Poussiere de Lune ink looks like a great choice too, BTW.

Thanks! I prefer the weight of the M215s, but yes, those flexy steel nibs are really excellent, preferable to the semi-nail I have in an M600.

That Poussiere de Lune ink looks like a great choice too, BTW.

I pick up one of my three M2xx pens every time before I do my M600 with a fine gold nib. I'm going to sell that pen and grind the fine gold nib on my M640 Mount Everest to a stub or cursive italic nib. I just dislike the Pelikan fine gold nibs. They write "blobby" (but smooth) to me as I'm always chasing the ink across the page with the nib–and I'm left-handed, so I'm pushing the blob of ink across the page. These steel nibs just write more crisply and with a little flair–and I like them. And I agree, I much prefer the weight of the M215, even though it's only infinitesimally heavier. I would prefer a bit more weight even.

The Poussiere de Lune is awesome. I like it so much that even though I have ¾ of a bottle, I'm buying the 100 mL bottle at a pen show this weekend. If you like the color, I think it would look fantastic with the broad nib on your pen. R&K Scabiosa is extremely close in color to PdL. There are lots of people that love both of these inks.

When I use up my Waterman purple, I'll have to give one of those others a try. It should be soon given my B nib kick.

I also have an old 60s Pelikan 120 M & K with a very flexy EF nib. Probably my best nib. But I'm really looking forward to trying the one in the Taupe 205.

What pen show?

When I use up my Waterman purple, I'll have to give one of those others a try. It should be soon given my B nib kick.

I also have an old 60s Pelikan 120 M & K with a very flexy EF nib. Probably my best nib. But I'm really looking forward to trying the one in the Taupe 205.

What pen show?

The Triangle Pen Show in Raleigh, NC, well, I think it's actually Cary, NC, which is a suburb.

http://www.raleighpenshow.com

You can probably get your M640 nib ground on the spot at the pen show. Both John Mottishaw and Richard Binder were grinding nibs at the LA Pen show I went to in March.

Fantastic review and if anything the pictures look even better than the real pen. The M205 is the latest addition to my aresenal of Black pens & while i really really wanted to pick up the Yellow demonstrator or even the Red, there was simply something in the Black and grey window combination that would not allow me to buy anything else.

Well maybe next time is the charm.