First Post - Bear With Me

bertcarson

This is my first post, though I have to be honest, FPN is my go-to site for hard questions I can't find answers to anywhere else.

Feb 12th I happened on the InCoWriMo site and was so excited about writing people who loved pens and were committed to answer all letters that I jumped in, though the month was almost half over.

I was impressed to note there were a number of pen manufacturing company CEO's on the list. I guess the magic of fountain pens goes to the top.

I bought my first pen, a Sheaffer, in 1967 while serving in Vietnam. I almost wore it out writing letters but when I came home I retired from letter writing.

I've continued using fountain pens for personal writing, but InCoWriMo is my first run at hand written correspondence since 1968. We'll see how this works out.

Last week I purchased my first TWSBI, a 580, and immediately fell in love. Unless it blows up, I can't image finding another pen to replace it as my favorite.

Anyway, It's good to be here as a member - hope I'm able to contribute something to the group.

Bert Carson

Huntsville, Alabama, USA

http://www.bert-blogging.com

bertcarson@earthlink.net

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/150x100q90/36/wwny.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• bertcarson

• iamchum

• 85AKbN

• Anirban4u

Welcome! As you read more entries and hear about more pens and inks, I predict you will be getting more pens....tho the TWSBIs are hard to beat for price and performance!

Hi Bert, and Welcome to FPN

Yes, FPN is the go-to site for all pen related problems, as you already discovered.

There are many good pens, and the TWSBI is reportedly one of them, though like any other pen it has it's glitches too.

I don't own one... yet....

perhaps you'll allow me a remark

Be careful with what personal information you share on sites like this. Full names/ addresses, full emailaddresses... It's always a risk.

Most people here go by their "penname" and a first name only and that is fine.

A blogaddress is good, blogs are to be read. But your full email, unless you are a company wanting business is not wise in the Signature part of your posts.

Anyway, just an advise, yours to decide on that.

Just enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

TWSBI fixed a lot of the problems with the polarizing 540 in the 580 :) You will find another pen, everyone always does! and we are nothing if terrible enablers.

Welcome and enjoy the company :)

My two best writers.

http://s2.postimg.org/v3a1772ft/M1000_Black_L_R.jpg..........http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/1217/85960889.png

.........I call this one Günter. ......... I call this one Michael Clarke Duncan.

Howdy Bert, Nice to see you here.

Hope in time, You'll show us that sheaffer ;)

Opensuse_2.png http://www.gnu.org/graphics/gnubanner-2.png

Looking for: Camlin pens (minus SD/Trinity/Elegante)

Hi Bert. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Welcome, Bertcarson !

1967 ? Can we even admit to being there in 1967 ?

I'd love to see pix of the old Sheaffer. Two years ago, I spent my Chistmas budget on TSWBI Diamond 540

fountain pens. They made great gifts. Of all the ones out there in the ether, no complaints, yet.

Write with joy.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hello and welcome to FPN! Glad to have you as a member!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome to the Fountain Pen Network. That was a great first post. I hope you enjoy your time with us. Enjoy writing those letters!

No matter how much you push the envelope, it will still be stationery. -Anon.

A backward poet writes inverse. -Anon.

• 2 weeks later...