Does Onoto 22 Have Aerometric Fill System?

Love Pens

post-92292-0-99374800-1393495342.jpgpost-92292-0-80168200-1393495344_thumb.jpgpost-92292-0-24921700-1393495348_thumb.jpgpost-92292-0-82619200-1393495351_thumb.jpgpost-92292-0-01813100-1393495353.jpgpost-92292-0-12484800-1393495355_thumb.jpg

I have seen this pen recently and it appears to have an Aerometric filling system. It is suppose to be an Onoto 22 with an Onoto 33 nib

I can not find any reference to Onoto having this type of filling system so I would like your opinion on this pen.

Thankyou for your help on this.

Love Pens

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Love Pens

• PeterBeoworld

• Sasha Royale

"Sensai" once told me (gruff-ly) that it is the internal structure (not the squeeze bulb, alone) that makes a filling system "Aerometric".

Only certain Parker fountain pens are Aerometric.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi Sasha. thankyou for putting me straight on the Aerometric filling system. And doing it nicely :-)

So do I call it just "internal structure" or is the filling system of this pen - see photo - actually from a Parker pen.

What should an Onoto 22 have??

Hope you can help.

The Onoto in the photo has an ink sac reservoir. There is a metal bar that depresses the sac, like an

eyedropper bulb. In a J-series Esterbrook, the depressing bar is called a "J-bar". Raising the fill lever

of an Esterbrook depresses the "J-bar". In the photo, one removes the barrel and manually depresses

the bar.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi Sasha,

thankyou for the run through with me about what is what on the filling system of pens which I honestly did not know before.

The thing that has me baffled is that I have never seen the "remove barrel and depress the bar manually" type of filling in an Onoto fountain pen and I am wondering if

the inside of the pen has been replace with the filling system from another type of fountain pen.?

I am a bit of a newby, so have not a vast experience of the Onoto but all I can find are lever and plunger filling styles. That is until now - :(

Have you seen this type of filling system in an Onoto before??

thankyou Sasha for your time on this puzzle :wallbash:

I wouldn't regard myself an expert, but I agree that this looks odd! I think it is a frankenpen! Onoto nib and feed with what loooks like a Parker filler. Does the barrel have an imprint as I have not seen a body this shape or colour. I take it the clip has Onoto written on it or a sunburst?

Thankyou Peter, I think you are right but silly me thought I would take a punt and as time was running out I bought it on ebay -$60 Australian - so I suppose not that much money

they said there was an imprint on barrel of Onoto 22. also has Onoto clip and Onoto nib 33

now I am waiting for the pen to arrive then I have to work out what have I bought ??

Thankyou everyone for your input and please wish me luck - lesson 1 be very careful buying off internet.

I will be fascinated to see what it turns out to be! Were Onoto not made for a while in Australia ? Maybe a home market pen?

Well the pen has arrived and I have taken more photos

The pen only has Onoto 22 on the side of the pen and a little further down barrel is a M

The sac has a feed tube then the sac then the metal squeeze tube

Nothing is named and metal tube is devoid of any markings.

Everything appears to be original.

post-92292-0-97193500-1393827285_thumb.jpg

I have also entered this topic under the heading.

Onoto? What pen have I got.

There is more photos on that site.