R&k Partial Iron-Gall Mix - This Time In Pink!

yogalarva
Rate Topic 0

Here today with another ink mix. Another pair of Rohrer & Klingner inks, this time Scabiosa and Solferino, 3:2.

post-108603-0-07630400-1393373238_thumb.jpeg

The resulting color dries dark enough to make it usable for taking notes and even doing homework, as long as your professors aren’t too picky. :-) It has the positive effects of the IG (water resistance, low feathering and bleeding…) while still being nice and vibrant.

Speaking of water resistance, here are the results of the soak test:

post-108603-0-18998700-1393373234_thumb.jpeg

Like my previous partial IG mix, it remains readable after getting wet, though I certainly wouldn’t count on it being good for writing my memoirs while scuba diving.

The paper used for this test is a page from my pocket sized Ecosystem journal, and all inks would bought with my own money and all opinions expressed above are entirely my own.

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• yogalarva

• amberleadavis

• Biber

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

amberleadavis

I haven't found a suitable paper for writing my memoirs while scuba diving ... even that Write in the Rain stuff which is great in the rain, is crummy with a fountain pen.

Alas, this is impressive.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Kinda reminds me of Noodler's Highland Heather.

"What? What's that? WHAT?!!! SPEAK UP, I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" - Ludwig van Beethoven.