A Question For Aussies - J. Burrows Journals

dcwaites

Ha!

You can safely hoard err ...buy up from the Epping store - I'm too far away!

Every now and then you get an absolute steal in life. This is one. I will wander past another store in this area and check out what they have later. If not I have a reasonable stock.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• pandabirdy1

• Newjelan

• msolok

Just tried calling the Fitzroy and South Yarra stores for stock - very vague 'no sorry...' answers. :bawl:

Accord

Just tried calling the Fitzroy and South Yarra stores for stock - very vague 'no sorry...' answers. :bawl:

Fitzroy do have stock according to the website. Go to Officeworks website and enter LIHIT in search function. It will bring up the refills. Then click on STORE AVAILABILITY and enter the store suburb or postcode. If you are close by call in and look around the clearance bays.

Accord

Fitzroy do have stock according to the website. Go to Officeworks website and enter LIHIT in search function. It will bring up the refills. Then click on STORE AVAILABILITY and enter the store suburb or postcode. If you are close by call in and look around the clearance bays.

Ah! - thank you!

(Greater assistance with stock levels at Officeworks here on FPN...)

Will head off to Fitzroy to rummage in the clearance bays, fingers crossed. :unsure:

Ah! - thank you!

(Greater assistance with stock levels at Officeworks here on FPN...)

Will head off to Fitzroy to rummage in the clearance bays, fingers crossed. :unsure:

Also ask in store as I found the refills in a clearance bay but the notebooks were out back.

Also ask in store as I found the refills in a clearance bay but the notebooks were out back.

Thanks! The ruled refills were a metre away from the rest of the notepads.... But not on clearance at Fitzroy, for anyone else venturing out in the heat.

I checked with a staff member who ran it through his little scanner thing, he was surprised Epping was clearing them...

I bought 3 notepads and some refills, and have come home and realized they have charged me even more !

$3.99 instead of $2.99 for the notepad. :gaah:

I wish Epping was closer..

Thanks! The ruled refills were a metre away from the rest of the notepads.... But not on clearance at Fitzroy, for anyone else venturing out in the heat.

I checked with a staff member who ran it through his little scanner thing, he was surprised Epping was clearing them...

I bought 3 notepads and some refills, and have come home and realized they have charged me even more !

$3.99 instead of $2.99 for the notepad. :gaah:

I wish Epping was closer..

I went back at lunch time and bought another 10 pkts of refills (50c still) but only blank and a few grid left now - no notepads.

Not gonna lie, held back on posting about this bargain for a few weeks because I anticipated this kind of hoarding :D

My Mediocre Collection

Montblanc 149 F, 146 M, 146 BB, Lamy Safari M, Logo EF, Sheaffer Prelude M, Pilot Prera F, 78G F, Parker IM M, Vector F, Slimfold F, 45 F Monteverde Invincia Color Fusion M, 5x Platinum Preppy F, A bunch of Hero Pens and another 5-10 pens not worth mentioning..

Not gonna lie, held back on posting about this bargain for a few weeks because I anticipated this kind of hoarding :D

I was happy to pick them up at $2.00 a pack - 50c is bargain of the century. I suppose as my local is a smaller store they tend to clear more quickly. And the covered sets at $2 - enough bragging.........

I went back at lunch time and bought another 10 pkts of refills (50c still) but only blank and a few grid left now - no notepads.

Bought some today at the Kew East Officeworks - not on sale though $2.99 for the books and $2 for the refills. Tried them out tonight, back tomorrow for some more.

I was happy to pick them up at $2.00 a pack - 50c is bargain of the century. I suppose as my local is a smaller store they tend to clear more quickly. And the covered sets at $2 - enough bragging.........

Bargain of the century I reckon too! :P

Just a heads up for Aussies, Officeworks are selling Lihit Lab Aqua Drops B5 notebooks for $2.99. These are the same as the ones from here: http://www.jetpens.com/Lihit-Lab-Aqua-Drops-Twist-Ring-Notebook-Semi-B5-Lined-30-Sheets-Blue-Green/pd/10082

You can also get just the paper refills for $2.00 for 30 sheets in both lined and grid.

They are clearly made for the Japanese market and handle ink very well. Not exactly the cheapest paper, but pretty well priced. Also has an interesting binding system.

And thanks for the posting this bobbyz0r!

Amazingly cheap compared to the Jet Pens prices. Bought some more today, no room left for anymore.

Amazingly cheap compared to the Jet Pens prices. Bought some more today, no room left for anymore.

Hahaha - me too - even bought a few blanks and grids as well which I don't usually use. Wish I could find a few more of the notebooks - will check the other stores as I move about on the weekend.

Hahaha - me too - even bought a few blanks and grids as well which I don't usually use. Wish I could find a few more of the notebooks - will check the other stores as I move about on the weekend.

Do you mean the "clicky" spiral bound ones with the bright plastic covers? If so, plenty at the East Kew one but full price ($3.99). Notebook and refill packs hadn't reduced much/at all between Tues and Thurs. (I think it's my little secret stock)

I'm off to Bundoora today to check if they have any notebooks left. Just want a few more spares as these magnificent refills are useless without the plastic spines. Not sure how well they will last given they are just plastic. Maybe another 4 or 5 spares to put away would be good. This paper is just so good.

• 1 month later...

The blank Lihit B5 refills have just arrived in the bargain bin at Campbelltown Officeworks. $1/30 page pack. I bought 10. There are about 3 left...

A little work on Incompetech gave me a lined template which is working quite nicely (attached).

B5 V2.pdf

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching