Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Netherlands Dutch Gold Hallmark On A Montblanc?

gusto

Has anyone seen a Dutch Netherlands 18 carat (750) gold hallmark on a recently made solid gold Montblanc pen?

I am used to seeing the 750, STOD, and the two smaller stamps on solid gold examples online.

I am also familiar with the similar vermeil and silver hallmarks (Ag 925, STOD, and two smaller stamps) on two Montblanc pens I own (75th pinstripe, and a vermeil).

However, the example I am considering has STOD and Au 750, but instead of the two smaller stamps I see a larger stamped rectangular box, with cropped corners, with a rose and the number 750 inside, as depicted in the links below [kleine voorperwen (small articles) 750 gold].

Has Montblanc recently changed their gold hallmarking?

Please advise. Thanks!

http://www.mirs.gov.si/fileadmin/um.gov.si/pageuploads/Dokpdf/SPK/EUzigi.pdf (page 35)

http://www.keurtekens.nl/

http://www.zilverenbedels.nl/info/i-keurtekens.htm

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutchpen

• Maxpens

• Chrissy

• gusto

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, I see threads on nib hallmarking, but not so many on solid gold pen cap hallmarks.

There appears to be a Dutch/Netherlands 18 karat stamp on the cap of a Montblanc pen, that is approximately the size of the STOD oval, that appears below STOD and below the Au 750 stamp.

It is a stamped rectangle, with cropped corners and has a rose and the number "750" inside.

I have never seen this before on a Montblanc solid gold pen.

Picture attached. Please advise. Thanks!

post-89994-0-34234400-1393139912_thumb.jpg

yes they changed / added the hallmark supplier, I would say 6 years ago. It is a tulip with 750, for 18kt gold.

kind regards

Max

HANDMADE PENS : www.astoriapen.hamburg ; REPAIRSERVICE : www.maxpens.de ; by MONTBLANC recommended repair service for antique pens