• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• Matt

• petitato07

• magicspeller

• 5 months later...

Hello all! I'm an early pen addict living in Southern Utah and wonder if there are any other pen addicts down in Southwest Utah? I'd love to get involved with some meet-ups and may even be able to come up North for some as well. So if you have anything planned, please let me know. And if you're here in SW Utah, let's get in touch.

Thanks!

I don't know of any formal clubs or regular meetings in Utah. We had 5-6 people at the Pelikan hub in September, with people coming from Logan to Provo. I know there are more pen-people in Utah, but might be too spread out for regular meet-ups.

• 5 months later...

Hi, I am fairly new to fountain pens and learning a great deal from the many Fountain Pen you tubers. I am hoping to connect with fountain pen fans in Utah. Are there any Salt Lake City/County clubs or any upcoming gatherings? If no formal gatherings, I am willing to host a gathering at my friends coffee shop near downtown SLC in mid or late May. Let me know if there is any interest on meeting or maybe the Pelikan Hub who met in 2017 can connect in SLC and introduce newbies like me to Pelikan FPs. Coffee shop is offering up its meeting space May 12th or 19th. Any takers?

Edited by Mjg440

Hi, I am fairly new to fountain pens and learning a great deal from the many Fountain Pen you tubers. I am hoping to connect with fountain pen fans in Utah. Are there any Salt Lake City/County clubs or any upcoming gatherings? If no formal gatherings, I am willing to host a gathering at my friends coffee shop near downtown SLC in mid or late May. Let me know if there is any interest on meeting or maybe the Pelikan Hub who met in 2017 can connect in SLC and introduce newbies like me to Pelikan FPs. Coffee shop is offering up its meeting space May 12th or 19th. Any takers?

I live in Cache County but would gladly use a pen club meeting as an excuse to travel south. I'm out of town on the 12th but could do the 19th. The Pelikan hub had about 5-6 people from all over the Wasatch.

• 3 years later...
On 2/20/2014 at 10:15 AM, mtnbiker62 said:

Are there any active clubs in Utah, especially along the Wasatch Front? I did a quick search, but can't find any clubs active since 2006. If anyone has some info, I'd appreciate it.

I'd be interested, too! (SLC)

Just now, Audrey T said:

I'd be interested, too! (SLC)

Whoops -- just noticed how old a post I'm replying to. Sorry -- new in FPN town!

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd ask and see if any groups were active in Utah.  I recently moved here and am also relatively knew to fountain pens.  I would love to find people or a group.

7 hours ago, cbrown said:

I know this is an old post, but I thought I'd ask and see if any groups were active in Utah.  I recently moved here and am also relatively knew to fountain pens.  I would love to find people or a group.

If there is one, I don't know of it.  Interest was recently expressed:

...also on reddit, but no one seems to want to take the lead to start one (perhaps in part because February and March so far made us all want to stay inside until the snow melts...).

Welcome to FPN, and to Utah! :)

Thanks for the information @LizEF.  Hopefully as the weather changes there will be more interest.  I wish there were more fountain pen shops in Utah.

53 minutes ago, cbrown said:

Thanks for the information @LizEF.  Hopefully as the weather changes there will be more interest.  I wish there were more fountain pen shops in Utah.

:) You're welcome!  Yes and yes!  I may take the lead myself, but not soon - am a bit overwhelmed with work that needs doing.  But I'm one of those people who thinks it ought to be fine to just say, "here's the time and here's the place, bring your pens, inks, and papers" - but there are others who seem to think more of a plan / program is needed, and I have no idea what that should be...

I'm in Utah and think it would be fun to hang out with other fountain pen enjoyers, but I don't know what a "meetup" would look like. I guess I'd just bring my pens and paper and maybe write some letters while we're there hanging out haha.

BTW if you haven't checked out Tabula Rasa in SLC yet, they do carry some cool stationery and fountain pens. I think they mostly carry pretty high-end stuff, but it sure is a fun store to window shop. That's what got me into sealing wax.

• 3 weeks later...

New Yorker who travels to Utah regularly for work.  Agree that Tabula Rasa is a great shop and I always visit when I am there.  I would love to keep connected and help try to set up a meet the next time I am there if there's interest.  I usually stay in downtown SLC.