Any Clubs In Utah?

mtnbiker62

Are there any active clubs in Utah, especially along the Wasatch Front? I did a quick search, but can't find any clubs active since 2006. If anyone has some info, I'd appreciate it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mulrich

• Matt

• petitato07

• mtnbiker62

Well, there was a Wasatch Pen Club that was started by Matt Christensen ( a FPN member). He was on the BYU Faculty. But, I havent seen him here on FPN for a long time.

You need to contact RunningUte and see if you guy can get a Pen Posse meeting organized in the Sandy/Provo/SLC area.

Hope you can find one, or can start one, mtnbiker. It is very nice to be able to meet with fellow pen addicts from time to time.

Of course, if you don't mind traveling for about 8 hours, we do have a viable pen posse here in Colorado.... :rolleyes:....and you are welcome to join us. Our next meeting is in mid-March.

Holly

• 1 year later...

Hello fellow Utah pen nuts. As mentioned above I haven't been very active around her for awhile—or rather I haven't posted anything in a long time, just lurking. I actually just had a conversation with another fountain pen user about getting together to show and talk pens. How many out there would be interested in having a meeting in the near future? It would be nice to buy, sell, trade, and show pens, ink, and paper. I'm in Provo but am willing to go anywhere along the Wasatch Front. There are at leasts 3-4 four of us down heer that would be interested.

Matt

I'm actually a fairly new fountain pen enthusiast living in Utah, so I don't really have a vast collection of pens and inks to trade and share, sadly. However, I'm interested in meeting fellow enthusiasts. I'm currently in Lehi, but my campus is in Salt Lake City. I can probably go somewhere farther than those places during weekends.

I would certainly be interested. I'm in extreme northern Utah, but wouldn't mind driving to SLC or Ogden area for a meet up.

Hello,

There was a fellow in Layton who is a school teacher in middle school there. He started a pen club among his students.

Several of us FPNers sent him ink and pens to get started. He hasn't been active since May 18 though. His screen name is

knappinman. Good luck.

Pat Barnes a.k.a. billz

Thanks for the responses. I'll talk to the guys here and see if we can set something up in the near future. Stay tuned.

Matt

Thanks, man. I hope you don't think of me as cranky or something, but if there will be a gathering, can you make it so the place is acessible by train? I don't really drive.

• 3 weeks later...

The Colorado Pen Show is coming up in just two weeks in Denver! That's a straight drive, flight or train ride from Salt Lake City!

Columbus Day weekend on Saturday and Sunday at the DoubleTree Stapleton North on Quebec, just south of IH-70:

10-11 October 2015

ColoradoPenShow.com

We hope to see some of you fine folks from the "other front range" :) in October!

Greg

Edited by liverman

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

Hope you can find one, or can start one, mtnbiker. It is very nice to be able to meet with fellow pen addicts from time to time.

Of course, if you don't mind traveling for about 8 hours, we do have a viable pen posse here in Colorado.... :rolleyes:....and you are welcome to join us. Our next meeting is in mid-March.

Holly

Pen addicts? Holly, I want you to know, I can stop anytime I want. :) :) Do not look in my bag to see what I brought back from Dallas :)

Greg

The more I know about computers, the more I like my pens.

Colorado Pen Show

5-7 October 2018

Denver, Colorado

I would be interested as well although life keeps me busy enough to lurk more than post these days. I successfully got a junior high fountain pen club off the ground last year and this year will be its second year, Although I love working with Junior High kids and getting them hooked on ink and pens, I would welcome a chance to chat with like minded adults.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bring up an older post again, but if someone gets one going let me know. I'm in Kaysville (though I may soon be moving to the Salt Lake area) and would love to get together with some fellow penizens.

-grrtt-

nibwise.wordpress.com: One man's journey toward fountain pen enlightenment.

This is amazing!

I'm new to the site and someone suggested this forum. I came here looking for Utah clubs and shows, and the first thread I saw was asking about a Utah club! (I guess that's because you just posted here today, grrtt. Good timing!)

I'm interested. I'm in Springville; anyone else down here? Matt, are you still around? I'd love it if you could get something going, even though I don't have much to contribute yet.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been talking with Travis at Pioneer Book in downtown Provo and we are organizing a pen gathering for Thursday, February 25th. I'm not sure on the location and time, but will post as soon as I find out. We may be meeting at Pioneer Book on Center Street (it's a used bookstore). Pioneer Book even sells some fountain pens, mostly Jin Hao and Noodlers. They also sell some Noodlers and Private Reserve ink.

I'll keep you posted on our upcoming gathering.

Matt

I hope this is still on, because I'm really looking forward to it. Thanks for setting it up, Matt.

Pioneer Book would be a great place to meet. Interesting about their fountain pen sales; that's one place I would have never thought to look!

It's official. We will be meeting this Thursday evening, 7:30 pm, (February 25) at Pioneer Book in Provo.

450 W Center Street

Provo, UT

801-225-BOOK

Bring your pens and ink (and some paper) to show, tell, share, trade, and sell.

Hope to see lots of you there.

Matt

• 2 weeks later...

Darn! Sounds like I missed a great meet up. Will there be anything scheduled again soon? I am in Northern Utah in the Cache Valley area.