Twsbi 580 Problems - I Need Some Opinions

heldercgrande

Hello guys,
I came here to share some experience and problems with my TWSBI 580. I would like to hear some opinions about it.
I received my TWSBI two weeks ago. I bought two nibs, a fine (F) and a medium (M). I found problems with both nibs, it is very dissapointed.
The F nib writes more like an EF, and it is very scratch, unusable for me. It is much worse than my EF lamy nib.
The M nib is kind smooth, but it skips sometimes. It depends on the ink I use, with Noodlers Bad Blue Heron it skips a lot, with Noodlers Black not so much.
I bought the pen at thewritingdesk.co.uk. They told me I could change the F nib. I asked to change only for the F because I think I can fix the M skipping issue by opening the "tines" of the nib. But I didnt try yet.
The other complication is sending the nib to England (I live in Brasil), and wait to receive it back. I think it will take two months, and there is the possibility to receive another scratch nib.
I also ordered a polishing kit from US (Ebay). It will take more two or three weeks to arrive.
So, I think my options are:
1) Send the nib to change at thewritingdesk.co.uk. (Should I change only the F, or also the M nib)
2) Wait for the polishing kit, and try to fix it by myself.
3) Demand TWSBI itself to fix this problems.
What would you guys do?
Another question, if I try to open the M nib to make it wetter, will I lose the warranty for this nib?
Does someone else have F TWSBI nib that writes like an EF? I want to know if this is commom.
Thanks in advance for the help.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bill Wood

• thadjudkins

• heldercgrande

• CF.

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a hold of TWSBI. Then send the whole pen with both nibs back. TWSBI have great customer service. Even though it's inconvenient I think they'll fix you up no charge. Check the other threads on your pen in this section and you'll be able to contact them directly.

I would write to TWSBI. It is just so customer service oriented that they will sort things out for you. The whole company culture seems to be about helpfulness. Anna at The Writing Desk is very helpful too, but they do not have the access and means to deal with problems like the manufacturer. TWSBI is helpful to the point of causing you to feel bad about asking to have things fixed.

The heart of the problem is these new nibs they decided to use since about 2 years ago, supplied by another German maker. Quality and quality control are both poor. It is still very much TWSBI's (bad) decision and responsibility I guess having chosen to go with these new nibs.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a rough fine nib with one of my TWSBI's (the EF on the other is like butter) and contacted TWSBI directly. They had me send it it and looked at it and decided to just send a new nib rather than smooth out that one.