Montblanc Monte Rosa Ink Flow Problem. Any Thoughts? Picture And Text.

MB1337

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/TG23L

Hey everyone, just got this Monte Rosa from a online-auction house, not sure if its a real MB-MR. The case is that when I write for example, 200 words or so the won't write as well at the end, the ink don't flow until I screw the piston a bit, this is my first pistonfiller so I am not sure if I should turn it everytime to get out some ink every 200 words or its just going to flow automatic. The second picture you can see that the last two straight lines is the last one until the pen stopped totally working, until i twist it again.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Thanks!

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MB1337

• hari317

• Pelikan Vera

Top Posters In This Topic

The link in your post is not working....but I would think that you will need to give your pen a thorough cleaning and that the ink channel in the feed maybe full of precipitated ink. Fill it with water and let it sit in a vessel with water nib down and see how much ink comes out by gravity. Hope this clears the channel.

The link in your post is not working....but I would think that you will need to give your pen a thorough cleaning and that the ink channel in the feed maybe full of precipitated ink. Fill it with water and let it sit in a vessel with water nib down and see how much ink comes out by gravity. Hope this clears the channel.

I now posted some pictures! I posted this pictures on reddit and someone said the pen should not be flexed, however this pen is super flexible. Nib is medium size. I'm used to a parker 51, and I tend to push a little, not like a rollerball.

I got this pen today, flushed it really well by water. Flushed it about 10 times until the water came out almost clear.

Edit: You can clearly see on the first picture when i Wrote Sweden really bad SW is lacking ink however Eden is rich. Also there is a small gap between the nib and the feed!

Edited by MB1337

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Announcements

• Most Contributions

1. amberleadavis
      amberleadavis
    2. PAKMAN
      PAKMAN
    3. Ghost Plane
      Ghost Plane
    4. inkstainedruth
      inkstainedruth
    5. jar
      jar
  • Upcoming Events

• Blog Comments

• Shanghai Knife Dude
      I have the Sailor Naginata and some fancy blade nibs coming after 2022 by a number of new workshop from China.  With all my respect, IMHO, they are all (bleep) in doing chinese characters.  Go use a bush, or at least a bush pen. 
    • A Smug Dill
      It is the reason why I'm so keen on the idea of a personal library — of pens, nibs, inks, paper products, etc. — and spent so much money, as well as time and effort, to “build” it for myself (because I can't simply remember everything, especially as I'm getting older fast) and my wife, so that we can “know”; and, instead of just disposing of what displeased us, or even just not good enough to be “given the time of day” against competition from >500 other pens and >500 other inks for our at
    • adamselene
      Agreed.  And I think it’s good to be aware of this early on and think about at the point of buying rather than rationalizing a purchase..
    • A Smug Dill
      Alas, one cannot know “good” without some idea of “bad” against which to contrast; and, as one of my former bosses (back when I was in my twenties) used to say, “on the scale of good to bad…”, it's a spectrum, not a dichotomy. Whereas subjectively acceptable (or tolerable) and unacceptable may well be a dichotomy to someone, and finding whether the threshold or cusp between them lies takes experiencing many degrees of less-than-ideal, especially if the decision is somehow influenced by factors o
    • adamselene
      I got my first real fountain pen on my 60th birthday and many hundreds of pens later I’ve often thought of what I should’ve known in the beginning. I have many pens, the majority of which have some objectionable feature. If they are too delicate, or can’t be posted, or they are too precious to face losing , still they are users, but only in very limited environments..  I have a big disliking for pens that have the cap jump into the air and fly off. I object to Pens that dry out, or leave blobs o
  • Chatbox

You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
  • Files