2014 New Product Roundup

encremental

Oh boy, I am itching for the M101N Red Tortoise and the M205 Orange Highlighter... Anyone have any idea about the likely price range?

Of course it would be nice to seem them in person before committing, especially the Red Tortoise. I hope it comes out in early September because I will be visiting London around mid-September, would be nice if I saw that in a shop somewhere.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zubipen

• encremental

• DrCodfish

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got fed up waiting for the P200 to be available in the UK so I purchased one from Paperia Papers in Spain early last month. Over £10 cheaper than UK price and that included postage. They have had them in stock since just after the launch. Why do we always have to wait so long for pens to be made available here in the UK and why do we have to pay so much more than the rest of Europe? (after all our VAT is 20% compared to 19% in most of Europe, not much difference).

As to converter for the P200, the standard Pelikan converter fits (or use a non screw Conway Stewart etc.)

A great pen and worth the wait.

I also am a VERY satisfied customer of Niche and The Writing Desk.

Peter

• 2 weeks later...

And no news about the m101 N red

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Pelikan official website now includes M101N Red, Souverän M600 Vibrant Green, and the 205 Yellow Highlighter.

Nice pictures on all of them!

That's a good spot - thanks :thumbup:

Although have to say it isn't quite the "jade" colour i was hoping for...

I take it back! The colour on Pelikan's website is the business :thumbup:

In the web site is the new green and also the red 101n ohhhhhh!!!!!

Write, write, write. Use your pens not your fingers !!!

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

The m600 "Vibrant" Green is very nice but seriously -- that 101n Red Tortoise is what people have really wanted since the first modern 101n arrived. While I loved the first tortoiseshell green 101n I know how many were disappointed by the colors. This should make it all better! I can't wait. I'm also very excited that it comes in a lovely gift box with a bottle of ink. Nice touch.

Indeed, the Vibrant Green is very nice and looks (at least from the online photographs) better than the Green o' Green. I was afraid from the description that it would be a sort of ugly neon green.

With the M1000 Raden Starlight, the Vibrant Green M600 and the M101n Red Tortoise, it's going to be a fun leadup to Christmas.

I think the price of the red tortoise is going to be eye watering.

Like the tortoise M800 before it, they know that this is The One, and that we will collectively be affected with major knee trembley / credit card floppity-outy weaknesses. And that bottle of ink is a bit of a giveaway. Never done to be cool or give added value, in Pelikan's eyes an ink bottle & a bit of a fancy package is a reason to turn the Gougeatron up to the Maxxxxxxx. Remember that cream coloured M320 that by virtue of a swishy brown box and bottle of ink turned the scales at £375? (bear in mind that less than 10 years ago, a bog standard M300 would set you back around £50).

Given that the RRP of the current Lizard M101B is £435 in the UK, I think we are looking at £500 at least, maybe £550 discounted to £450 or so on the street.

We will moan, but we will pay.

John

And when we have the orange highlighter - that will be the product lineup for 2014, as was foretold. If I did this fortune telling malarkey professionally, d'you think I could earn good money?

And when we have the orange highlighter - that will be the product lineup for 2014, as was foretold. If I did this fortune telling malarkey professionally, d'you think I could earn good money?

I'm hopeful that the M101N tortoiseshell red will suprise us and come in at $550 MSRP. What is up with this orange highlighter? I haven't seen anything about that previously. Any idea on a timeframe? I'm just kind of curious.

PELIKAN - Too many birds in the flock to count. My pen chest has proven to be a most fertile breeding ground.

fpn_1508261203__fpn_logo_300x150.jpg

THE PELIKAN'S PERCH - A growing reference site for all things Pelikan

I found this seller who gives a list price as 475 euros (not sure if this is absolutely correct). This is a little more expensive than the lizard m101n.

Edited by MarkTrain

I could grudgingly cope with 475 euros. It does look nicer than the Lizard, and there is that bottle of ink.

Yes, the orange highlighter is on its way. presumably with the co-ordinating ink. It was mentioned on the German bit of the Pelikan Forum. I imagine the release dates of all these things will mirror the dates of their counterparts last year, which would make it September.

John

Abouth that Red Tortoise 101n due out in September:

I don't want to say the M101n Lizard was a flop, (after all, I boght one) but I get the sesne that demand for this unit did not meet the company's expectatrions, they are still available new from retailers. I was impressed how quickly the M101n Brown Tortoise sold out (and held it's price all the wile).

Much has been said about the coming red tortoise, It's clear that there are very high expectations for this pen. But it's possible that this has much to do with the relative lack of originals to be had and their corrsponding high price.

Try to take a dispationate look at the photos we are now seeing of this coming pen. It may be that this model will go the way of the lizard 101n and not the brown tortoise 101n. I think the lizard was just too much a departure from the original. I have one of these lizard 101n's, but I didnt rush out in the first weeks to buy it. Only when it came down in price substantially did I decide to buy one. And though I really like it, I find it a far cry from the original. I wanted one of the 101n Brown Tortoise's but they held their price and are now hard to find. As I look at the pics of the red tortoise for some reason, it lacks some of the attraction which I would expect. To be honest, right now I would be tempted to buy a NOS brown Tortoise over the yet to be released red tortoise 101n. That could change once I have an opportunity to see one of these September beauties in person.

In any event, I won't be buying one early in the game.

I found this seller who gives a list price as 475 euros (not sure if this is absolutely correct). This is a little more expensive than the lizard m101n.

I asked another seller and got the same price quote. So the 'street' price would be a bit less presumably, maybe the price of the pre-order, 360. But that is still a lot in USD--enough to make me wonder if would be better to just save my pennies for the real thing instead of a modern reproduction...I have to disagree with you Dr Codfish, I think this is going to be even more sought after than the brown tortoise. They sure did a nice job!

Paloma:

I may seem all over the page on this but I suspect you are correct, given the fever everyone is in for this roll out I suspect the pen will sell well, even at $475 euros. So far I have not heard anyone say "no way at that price" or words to that effect. It's all about saving pennies to get there.

I guess what I should have said was that I too had been carried away with the hype, and so am just slightly dissapointed with what I am seeing. I also agree with you that given the high initial price it might be smart to start looking (and saving) now for an original.

Such a pen is on my lust list, just a matter of finding the right one at the right price. Right now my pen budget is busted so I would have to stumble into a sumgai in order to snag one of these any time soon.