• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zubipen

• encremental

• DrCodfish

• oregano

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Today for the first (and with luck, last) time in my life I feel like Perez Hilton.

On the strength of this thread, a well-respected European Pelikan dealer messaged me to confirm all the products mentioned above for 2014, and to wonder if I would like to pass on some interesting information about a rather extraordinary item coming in Autumn 2015 ...

An M600 SE PINK TORTOISE!

That is, the same white resin elements as the M400/600 white tortoise, but with a pink binde. However, although Pelikan are calling it a pink tortoise, the stripes are not exactly arranged in the same way as a normal mottled tortoise binde, but rather four toning shades of pink.

I think that's about 16 different varieties of squEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE and a couple of OMGs right there, don't you?

John

I dreamed last week (really dreamed) I bought an M215 rings in navy blue (I have the black one and love it)

But just a dream,

Julio

That would be really great. =)

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

PINK?????? How could they????? !!!! (And now I can't find the bilious emoticon ....)

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

M205 SE orange highlighter with a 1.5 italic nib rather than the customary BB (presumably with ink to match)

Oh darn, I'll be wanting that...

Increase your IQ, use Linux AND a Fountain pen!!http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk11/79spitfire/Neko_animated.gif
http://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/5/50/Fedorabutton-iusefedora.png

I would like to buy the 101N red tortoise. Thats sounds really nice. I saw the picture of the M200 demonstrator "cognac" and i like it a lot. I do not know what it is going to happen, but I do know my wallet its going to be very thin at the end of the year.

here is a link to pelican cognac...

it looks similar to m250 amber.

The M200 amber demonstrator came with similar trim and a gold-plated nib. There were some nominal M250 line amber demonstrators which were differentiated by a gold nib, but insofar as any I've seen, no cap ring or piston ring differences between amber M200 and M250, nor any difference in the screened Pelikans on the captop. I haven't seen a domed cap version of the amber demonstrator, but such a pen exists in the "green ocean" colour. The "green ocean" M200/250s came with M250 cap rings (one thin, one thick), but sometimes with a gold nib, sometimes with a gold plated nib, so the M200/M250 issue is sometimes unclear in those lines.

The photo reference for the new "cognac" colour shows a gold coloured nib, but the text notes a polished stainless steel nib. It's possible that the photo is a bit ahead of or contradicting the text. OTOH, most gold trimmed Pelikans come with GP nibs, rather than the steel colour for the M205 series.

Both the older amber M200 and the new "cognac" M200 have crown rings in black plastic. This was characteristic of all of the coloured demonstrators that I've seen in the M20X lines. I think the pens would look so much more elegant with a gold plated crown ring (or steel for the M205s), actually. Yes, yes, that's "frankenpen" talk, but it's an observation of a style line.

As for inks, I've run my cursive italic nibbed amber M200 demonstrator with Iroshizuku Ina-ho, Yu-yake and Fuyu-gaki, Noodler's Habañero and Apache Sunset, and Montblanc Gandhi, all with great success and pleasure.

John P.

Edited by PJohnP

:yikes: I love the cognac!! (pink, not so much <-- understatement). Does anyone know when the cognac M200 will be available in the States

and at 120 USD instead of euros?

:yikes: I love the cognac!! (pink, not so much <-- understatement). Does anyone know when the cognac M200 will be available in the States

and at 120 USD instead of euros?

I am also digging the cognac... looks stunning. But if their price is right, thats a huge chunk of change for a 2xx series pen.

ow wow... the demonstrator cognac sounds fascinating. I will definitely have a look at getting one of those (based on price of course). and the M101N is intriguing, but i dont know if i would like red... i really like the sleep elegance of the lizard i just bought, its not too flashy.

Fully agree with the comment on the lizzard, great to write with, I will have to see what the red m101n looks like...???

I think I will definitely be investing in one of the cognac demonstrators.

Edited by seapin
Sean - Organics Studio Sales Associate
Fountain Pen Lover
Nibmeister
sean@organicsstudio.com

Huh. Didn't think I'd be drawn to a brown pen particularly, but that's rather nice. Do we know anything about Pelikan's steel Broad Italic nibs? (Translation - I don't know anything about them; anyone able to enlighten me on likely width?)

Cheers, Al

Oh dear; I dun kill da thread. Sorry. Usually a nib query brings plenty of opinion too. :unsure:

Huh. Didn't think I'd be drawn to a brown pen particularly, but that's rather nice. Do we know anything about Pelikan's steel Broad Italic nibs? (Translation - I don't know anything about them; anyone able to enlighten me on likely width?)

Cheers, Al

I think the cognac pen is gorgeous. And I'm wondering the same about the broad italic nibs. I'm assuming it's a cursive italic, at least?

Well I thought it nice enough that I've pre-ordered one - with the broad italic nib. So time will tell if I have something I can actually write with. Nothing like going into a purchase fully informed, eh? :rolleyes:

Cheers, Al

So are you saying that the "I"-marked nib (as shown in that beautiful cognac SE) is the "broad italic"?

-- Constance

"Broad italic" is purely from the copy and ordering options on the La Couronne du Comte website; it seems a reasonable assumption that it refers to the "I" marked nib featured in all the photos released thus far, but I'm as uninformed as anyone.

Cheers, Al