Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Postage Time From Us To Canada

schreibstang

This is a bit off topic, but since there are plenty of letter-writers here I figured it'd be a good place to ask.

I need to send a letter to Vancouver, BC from Tacoma, WA. Not very distant at all. The USPS website doesn't give any details about delivery times for first class, but I wondered if anybody had a general idea as to the time it will take to arrive. I want to time the letter to arrive in a 3-day period, if possible.

Thanks. :)

-Nick

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• schreibstang

• Funkmon

• Just I

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I live a 2 hour drive from where my ex girlfriend lives in Ontario, and I have sent her things across the border. It takes about 3 days if it doesn't look suspicious. If it has some heft it takes longer. Customs, I assume, or maybe just some flukes.

I find it takes about 5 days for a regular letter to get to Canada from the US. I assume it is about the same the other way (I know, it is dangerous to make any kind of assumptions with the post office) :)

One thing to take into account is that we don't have Saturday delivery. I believe the US does?

Yeah, we definitely do. Love that Saturday delivery. It seems like the Canada post office is a little more lax than its US counterpart. Once, while I was there there was a huge ass snowstorm and there was no mail for like a week. In a city of 300000. Come on!

I live a 2 hour drive from where my ex girlfriend lives in Ontario, and I have sent her things across the border. It takes about 3 days if it doesn't look suspicious. If it has some heft it takes longer. Customs, I assume, or maybe just some flukes.

Pretty much identical to my situation. Packages of all sizes (anything I can track, I guess) go through the local post office very quickly compared to some areas, so I doubt things will go slower here.

-Nick