Jinhao T1 - A New Lamy Safari Knockoff

subbucal

Have you noticed that they are also available in translucent plastic x 3 colours ?

http://www.ebay.es/itm/360887525415?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I have just ordered them!!!!!

Thank you for bringing this up. A seller sent me one of these for free a while back. I filled it up with some Parker Quink but I haven't really used it. Part of me wants to swap the nib out with a nice EEF nib, if I could find a good one...

Edited by Fountain-head

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• k3eax

• Dickkooty2

• Sailor Kenshin

• Mark Karpeles

Thank you for bringing this up. A seller sent me one of these for free a while back. I filled it up with some Parker Quink but I haven't really used it. Part of me wants to swap the nib out with a nice EEF nib, if I could find a good one...

classic #5 nibs

this is the classic medium nib #5

599 transparent blue

post-121786-0-53959500-1430263444.jpg

Edited by platon951

The Hero 356 equivalent of the Jinhao 599 is available in M, F, and EF

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1312.R2.TR9.TRC1.A0.H0.Xhero+.TRS2&_nkw=hero+359&_sacat=0

fpn_1412827311__pg_d_104def64.gif

“Them as can do has to do for them as can’t.

And someone has to speak up for them as has no voices.”

Granny Aching

I've just found that ......

https://www.wish.com/search/fountain%20pen#cid=545b786d8edcfa7ddb978719

Another chinese "Safari" in special colors .....

Oh, those...I have a few. They (so far!) come in F and XF and the cool thing about them is the clear section.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

• 1 year later...

This seems to be the thread where the variety and different names and model numbers of the Chinese Safari clones gets discussed so I am here to ask if anyone has had any experience with the "other" such clones currently on eBay. I am finding lots of information on the Jinhao 599 and Hero 359 and 359A. I have a real Safari, a 359A, and a 599 inked right now and I would rate the 359A as the smoothest writer, followed by the Safari, followed by the Jinhao, though all three are acceptable. Perhaps others agree, as since this thread began, the Jinhao has dropped below $2 on eBay, while just I paid $8 for my 359A.

The "other" pens I had in mind are the Yiren 566, Jinhao 577 and 588, Hero 1515, and Lanbitou 757. I have also seen some nameless ones. The label that is usually on the side of these is usually the same color as the barrel and hard to read in an eBay photo, but I think I saw a Halolilai and another with a name in Chinese characters. Some could just be rebranded 359s and 599s but some have differences, such as a flat clip like the 599 but with no slot up the middle -- just a very wide flat clip.

• 3 months later...

Hello All, I'm new to this community and am hoping that someone can tell me if the nib of the Hero 1515 is interchangeable with the Hero 359 or Hero 359A. (My apologies if this topic has been previously discussed - I couldn't find any threads in my search). The reason I want to know this is that I have about four Hero 1515 pens which I really like the feel of but I would prefer the nibs to be finer and I noticed that EF nibs are availble for the Hero 359 (and Hero 359A) on ebay. I had asked the ebay seller but unfortunately they are not familiar with the Hero 1515. Any help would be much appreciated.

The Hero 1515 is identical in every way to the metallic version of the Jinhao 599, sometimes referred to as the T1. The nib then on this pen, the Hero 1515, has been proven to be a replacement for the Lamy Safari and the Hero 359.

Nibs: Hero 1515=Jinhao 599,metallic=Hero359=Safari

Edited by k3eax

• 3 years later...

I never thought I’d be persuaded to purchase Lamy-clones, but I’m going to have ro try these Jinhao pens out