Seven Seas Tomoe River Journal Review

yogalarva

Thanks for the review! I just placed an order for one. I love the fact that it has 7mm lines. I've been making my own Tomoe River Paper journals lately, but don't have the time right now, so this will be just perfect.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Newjelan

• inkypete

• yogalarva

• _Stormin_

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I ordered one at the beginning of January, and it arrived very quickly (California to Poland), and I have been using it daily since February 17 (right after I filled the notebook I'd been using).

My only (minor) issue with it is, since it is a soft-cover, that it's unwieldy to write in it balanced on my lap. At a desk or table, I put another book under the left side to help keep the surface flat while I write.

I use a sheet of notepad paper between pages as a blotter, but I do that anyway, just in case the ink doesn't dry before I turn the page.

I love this notebook - all the pages and pages of lovely Tomoe River paper!

etherX in To Miasto

Fleekair <--French accent.

I ordered 2 notebooks & the leather cover. They took 4 days to arrive in Melbourne - excellent! They look beautiful and I can't decide whether to use them for work (meaning I can carry them everywhere, and appreciate their beauty several times a day) or save some money by using them for personal things. (But then I won't use them as much).

Hang the expense! Typing this has helped me decide to use them for work. Can't wait until I return to Australia from NZ and start using these (or even just looking at & touching them!)

I went with the home and away pairing concept. Gfeller cover for travel, old Levenger Carezza book cover for domestic (perfect fit, btw.)

I ordered 2 notebooks & the leather cover. They took 4 days to arrive in Melbourne - excellent! They look beautiful and I can't decide whether to use them for work (meaning I can carry them everywhere, and appreciate their beauty several times a day) or save some money by using them for personal things. (But then I won't use them as much).

Hang the expense! Typing this has helped me decide to use them for work. Can't wait until I return to Australia from NZ and start using these (or even just looking at & touching them!)

Did you go the whole hog and get the Gfeller cover?

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

Did you go the whole hog and get the Gfeller cover?

Most definitely! :-) May have to order a B5 cover as well...

Most definitely! :-) May have to order a B5 cover as well...

I have a few of the A5 and I had a couple made for my A4 clairefontaine. Also had a couple made for my Habanas. They are fantastic and very practical.

I have a few of the A5 and I had a couple made for my A4 clairefontaine. Also had a couple made for my Habanas. They are fantastic and very practical.

I have a wonderful, well-used tan Piquadro leather A4 cover that's become so soft over the past 10 years and works with thin and thick notebooks. But a B5 is definitely on the list.

I love this journal! After reading this review I decided to try it out because I just don't have time to make my own anymore, and while I like the Paper For Fountain Pens TRP journal, it is just too narrow for my tastes. The Seven Seas is wider and I love the unobtrusive 7mm lines. I put mine in my Renaissance Art leather cover and I'm in journaling heaven now! Thanks for introducing me to it!

I love this journal! After reading this review I decided to try it out because I just don't have time to make my own anymore, and while I like the Paper For Fountain Pens TRP journal, it is just too narrow for my tastes. The Seven Seas is wider and I love the unobtrusive 7mm lines. I put mine in my Renaissance Art leather cover and I'm in journaling heaven now! Thanks for introducing me to it!

Enjoy it! It is a joy to write in.

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to spare no expense and use one for my work notebook. I go through a 240 page B5 work notebook every 6 - 8 weeks max. I have my Seven Seas notebook in its Gfeller leather cover and it looks, feels and smells awesome. I couldn't have imagined that using it for work would give me so much joy. (I usually use Life! Notebooks which are also great.) It has made every aspect of my work a pleasure - note taking, planning, thinking, scheduling, To Do lists, everything. I enjoy simply carrying it around knowing that I will be using it again soon. Now, what do I do with the 30 other notebooks in the cupboard?

I decided to spare no expense and use one for my work notebook. I go through a 240 page B5 work notebook every 6 - 8 weeks max. I have my Seven Seas notebook in its Gfeller leather cover and it looks, feels and smells awesome. I couldn't have imagined that using it for work would give me so much joy. (I usually use Life! Notebooks which are also great.) It has made every aspect of my work a pleasure - note taking, planning, thinking, scheduling, To Do lists, everything. I enjoy simply carrying it around knowing that I will be using it again soon. Now, what do I do with the 30 other notebooks in the cupboard?

Sounds like they would be good for PIFs. :)

I put mine in my Renaissance Art leather cover and I'm in journaling heaven now!

Sorry to be so late asking this, but which Renaissance Art leather cover are you using?

Thanks

I've recently gone back to using my Seven Seas journal after a bit of a hiatus. Just ordered a skirting leather Gfeller cover for it - can't wait to get it! :-)

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity

I've recently gone back to using my Seven Seas journal after a bit of a hiatus. Just ordered a skirting leather Gfeller cover for it - can't wait to get it! :-)

Gfeller covers are worth the wait. You won't be disappointed.

Gfeller covers are worth the wait. You won't be disappointed.

Inkypete, you are right. I bought the Gfeller cover with the Seven Seas journal and am smitten. Great quality, wonderful understated look - as close to perfection you'll find anywhere I reckon.

Inkypete, you are right. I bought the Gfeller cover with the Seven Seas journal and am smitten. Great quality, wonderful understated look - as close to perfection you'll find anywhere I reckon.

It is that understated look that won me. I was always a little worried about getting a mark on my leather covers but the Gfeller changed that. It just ages with dignity and any marks add character. Great covers that ooze practicality.

I was always a little worried about getting a mark on my leather covers but the Gfeller changed that. It just ages with dignity and any marks add character.

I think marks and wear say "I know quality and class but I'm not precious or pretentious." :-)

I think marks and wear say "I know quality and class but I'm not precious or pretentious." :-)

I agree. I can't wait for it to get worn and age beautifully. :-) But, first I suppose I have to wait for it to arrive... In the mail though!

Fountain pen blog | Personal blog

Current collection: Pilot Vanishing Point, TWSBI Vac 700, Kaweco Al Sport, Lamy Safari, Nemosine Singularity