Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

Parker Premier Luxury Question

perth

Hello,

Since I've got my Parker Premier Luxury Black last month, I have very much loved it. However, there is a slight annoyance in the form of a small amount of ink on the nib every time I uncap the pen. I think the issue may be with the cap, but I can' treacly see anything wrong with it. Does anyone have any ideas on how to solve this problem?post-110164-0-34721100-1391258852_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bescomo

• perth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, slight ink drops on the nibs will cause some annoyance; it's quite natural actually to have ink forming on the tip of the pen. I haven't personally experienced any minor ink leaks on my Premier ever. Based on that photo, I believe that you should contact a nibmeister or Parker itself to have the nib checked or refined. I have never seen ink leakage that bad, especially so low on the pen. Do you leave your pens faced downwards by any chance? If that is a medium or fine nib, you would have to shake it to have it spill that much ink... I don't think it's the problem of the cap though. After all, the nib is where the ink is stored...

Instruments of expression is my tool of thinking.

Waterman Edson, Parker Premier, Parker Frontier, Sheaffer Valor, Parker 100, Noodlers Ahab

I had initially thought that the inner ring of the cap was touching the nib and causing a flow. It's not really that much ink, but I will try and contact Parker. Thanks for your help!