Pen-Dora's Bag- Ritesharp Fountain Pens

subbucal

This is in continuation of my effort to record some old forgotten/missing brands of pens from India.

Today, we will see another vintage Indian Brand RITESHARP. I do not have much information about this brand either, but have heard a lot about this brand. Its a rare find, again from the bag!

My earlier posts are in this link..

Ricoh

Sabena-75

Swan VIP

This is a medium size pen and came in many colour barrels. The barrels were plastic and had a metal cap. The Cap had chasing design done on it and the clip is gold plated.

The date stamp in barrel points out that this pen is of June 1961.

Please find the pictures :-

The Pen

post-78981-0-26748100-1391083375.jpg

The Imprint in the barrel. Note the date stamp 661 & the Emblem- R over a Lotus (Lotus is the national flower of India)

post-78981-0-50308400-1391083396.jpg

The chasing on the cap.

post-78981-0-76506600-1391083408.jpg

The Ritesharp imprint in cap.

post-78981-0-90496900-1391083421.jpg

The Emblem in the Clip

post-78981-0-39392000-1391083433.jpg

The Nib imprint Kingson (Kingson is another famous Indian vintage brand)

post-78981-0-48956600-1391083445.jpg

The Clip design- Does it look like black-bird

post-78981-0-41348600-1391083462.jpg

Hope you enjoyed one more Vintage Indian Brand. Any more information about this brand is welcome.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• subbucal

• hari317

• mohan

• amk

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good find.

I have got a Ritesharp nib in one of my pens. Written Ritesharp Made in Japan. Nib is quite flexible. I think Ritesharp may have depended on some Japanese company for nibs.

I have been able to find that there was a Rite Sharp Pen manufacturing Company located at Jogeshwari, Mumbai-400060 with sales tax no: 35000 10136 000 0999

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Good find.

I have got a Ritesharp nib in one of my pens. Written Ritesharp Made in Japan. Nib is quite flexible. I think Ritesharp may have depended on some Japanese company for nibs.

Interesting Mohan...can you pls share a picture of same..any logo imprint? I understnad their logo was a italic R on a lotus.

I have been able to find that there was a Rite Sharp Pen manufacturing Company located at Jogeshwari, Mumbai-400060 with sales tax no: 35000 10136 000 099

Oh! That's interesting...:do they exist in any form? Any idea? :-))

• 11 months later...