Welcome Fpn - And First Question: Which Should Be Next?

Simme

Dear FPN,

though reading the forum for quite some time, it is only my current situation that leads to finally subscribe. But before I go on, please allow me to introduce myself.

I started writing with a LAMY when I was a little kid. Over the years I sadly forgot to use my Safari and ended up using roller balls.

And then, after finishing my studies and to celebrate my first job I got a Meisterstück Classique with the more or less standard m nib.

This pen was used since that time for all important writing. Later I passed it on to my sister. She took it with her to Greece where she wrote down whatever she was able to find out about our families history.

The very same moment I myself got an Mark Twain. Later I started a collection adding the Collodi, Swift and Balzac as well as lately the Unicec LeGrand.

You see the virus does its job. So today I am already planing on what's next. I am torn between quite different pens.

The Sforza, the L'Aubrac and the Heritage.

So by just knowing this little of me... What would be your personal choice and why?

cheers,

simme

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Simme

• BrandonA

• Opooh

• christianch

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Set yourself a long term goal of getting every Writers Edition pen.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Set yourself a long term goal of getting every Writers Edition pen.

I have seen your posts and am aware of the great collection! Right now it seems a very high mountain to climb... maybe around 4810m high...

Now go, write it before them in a table, and note it in a book, that it may be for the time to come for ever and ever

I have seen your posts and am aware of the great collection! Right now it seems a very high mountain to climb... maybe around 4810m high...

Every long journey starts with one footstep. It Took me 10 years starting in 2003 to complete my collection. You've got some great pens already so you've started the addiction. Like you it started with a Classique, I gave my set of them to my Mum though.

The Heritage is a great pen though. Mine is my regular house pen. The complaint some have about it is the size of the ink reservoir but I've never had a problem and the sooner it runs out the sooner I can fill it with a different ink colour.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

Welcome, Simme !

From the context of your post, I guess that you are in central Europe. Since your computer

has an "umlaut", I suspect Germany. (I get criticism for writing "Meisterstueck".)

What's next ?

Try to get your Montblanc back from sister.

Have you thought about the Pelikan Soveran series ?

Write with joy.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Welcome, Simme !

From the context of your post, I guess that you are in central Europe. Since your computer

has an "umlaut", I suspect Germany. (I get criticism for writing "Meisterstueck".)

What's next ?

Try to get your Montblanc back from sister.

Have you thought about the Pelikan Soveran series ?

Write with joy.

Souverän!

Hi Sasha Royal,

yes I am actually from Germany :-)

I have really admired the Pelikans as well... Right now I will stick to MB for the ease of it. But who knows if this doesn't change in a couple of years

cheers

Dear FPN,

though reading the forum for quite some time, it is only my current situation that leads to finally subscribe. But before I go on, please allow me to introduce myself.

I started writing with a LAMY when I was a little kid. Over the years I sadly forgot to use my Safari and ended up using roller balls.

And then, after finishing my studies and to celebrate my first job I got a Meisterstück Classique with the more or less standard m nib.

This pen was used since that time for all important writing. Later I passed it on to my sister. She took it with her to Greece where she wrote down whatever she was able to find out about our families history.

The very same moment I myself got an Mark Twain. Later I started a collection adding the Collodi, Swift and Balzac as well as lately the Unicec LeGrand.

You see the virus does its job. So today I am already planing on what's next. I am torn between quite different pens.

The Sforza, the L'Aubrac and the Heritage.

So by just knowing this little of me... What would be your personal choice and why?

cheers,

simme

Hello Simme,

I received the Heritage for Christmas and I have just bought the L'Aubrac. Both are amazing writers and it would be difficult to pick one or the other but in terms of daily use/versatility the heritage is certainly more compact and manageable. In terms of nibs both are excellent but I would rate the L'Aubrac better overall and if you can find one / try it I would probably go for it as it might not be available in the future. There is obviously a price difference between the two so the best would be to try them out. I did see the Sforza one but if I think that the wooden body of the l'aubrac makes it more warm and unique in terms of montblanc designs.

In summary: the Heritage is certainly more of a classic and both the l'Aubrac and the Sforza, being special edition, require an higher degree of personal love :)

on the heritage there is very little not to like !

Best Regards

Christian

thanks, gurugeek

lately I had the chance to take a look at the Heritage and the L'Aubrac while quickly visiting the Frankfurt MB Boutique.

They are indeed both great instruments. I fell in love with that Heritage Nib! On the other hand the feeling of wood is something really special as well.

The Sforza kind of grew to me as it is an interesting character. I do like pens telling a history, that's why I have a certain thing for the WE.

Who knows, maybe I go for a Jules Verne. This blue always fascinated me. As you can see I am really not steady at all. But there's one spot left on my desk... maybe take my wife's Dostoevsky...😜

post-110316-0-21994000-1390942723_thumb.jpg

Simme,

thanks for sharing the photo. Wow what a nice collection :) I see the collody and some other nice writers editions. I had the collodi ballpen bought in 2012 I think and just today I bought the fountain pen too. I had the chance to try it in the shop and, once again, the Nib is 100% consistent and 100% montblanc.

I am secretly planning to ask for 2 WE for my upcoming birthday in March - may be the swift that I see in your collection is interesting too? Did you try the swift ink too ?

Re: Heritage the Nib is new and seems more flexible so you can't go wrong with it. Very classic design too ;)

The Jonathan Swift is one of my preferred pens. You can really take it to meetings and it has a modern yet understatement tone (compared to the Collodi, which I strictly use at home)

The Ink is a very nice one, especially as the colour has something nostalgic to it. I enjoy using it for personal letters.post-110316-0-49057300-1390989140_thumb.jpg

ok! just to keep the initial thought alive....

Does anyone have the three pens: L'Aubrac, Heritage and Sforza available for some side by side photos? Is there a particular strength to the Sforza? Like the mechanism and nib to the Heritage and the wooden body to the L'Aubrac?

Have the Sforza and the Heritage, prefer the Sforza, since I mostly write short messages etc., the Heritage is to complicated to open and close frequently. Also the Sforza is more adapted for posting.

• 2 months later...

So just to close the loop :-)

My wife wanted a new fp. So she got the Tribute LeGrand and loans her Dostojevski as permanent exhibit of my collection ;-)

In the case of Sforza vs. L'Aubrac vs. Heritage I decided for a L'Aubrac with a BB nib. Waiting for my B&M to give me a call as soon as it arrives :-)

Thanks to all of you for the many opinions and good advice.

Cheers,

S

Good choice. Thanks for closing the loop. Well maybe reopen it for some photos. :^)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

Hi Simme,

I have the same "problem" :) ! Which is my next Montblanc Sforza or L`Áubrac?

Please inform us about your experience with the wonderfoul new FP and of course Congratulation!

rugby66de

+1 for the 149. Maybe the 90th anniversary edition. I'm trying to persuade OH that I really deserve one for my birthday......

I had buy the 146 90th anniversary last week. In my opinion, the 149 is to big for me the Le Grands are a good choice and alternative for me ;-))