Notemaker.com.au - Above And Beyond!

WirlWind

Howdy,

So this is my 2nd time doing business with notemaker. First time went as well as you'd expect, quick post, pretty solid prices (y'know, considering the Australia tax), items came in a few days. All good.

The other day, I ordered 3x CF Mohaire Notebooks at basically $6 a pop. I got an email the next day apologising saying that there must have been a website error and that they were out of the books I'd ordered and weren't getting them back in. I was given 3 options:

- $25 credit in the store

- Send out some CF Clothbound notebooks instead

- "Anything else that you can think of"

Now, originally, I was going to make a smart arse comment about a stripper on the last, but I bit my tongue and instead went for the 2nd option.

Fast forward a couple of days later and a heavy package arrives. When I opened it, I had 6 NOTEBOOKS!?

They had sent me 3 packs of Clairefontaine Essential Duo books! That's almost 3x per item what I paid!

So this is a shout-out to Stu Moysey and a thorough thumbs up for the awesome customer service! Above and beyond what I expected.

PS - While the Duo pack isn't technically "clothbound", they look identical and have the same paper. The only difference is I got double the pages and these have margins :D

Edited by WirlWind

Do, or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Dude, can you turn those drums down? We can hear them in the next street! - That one annoying neighbour

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• inkypete

• WirlWind

• Sham69

• kvz

Top Posters In This Topic

notemaker.com.au are superb. Never had an issue, always had good advice and service above expectations. They understand FPs too - if you see a product and you're not sure of FP friendliness just call or email and ask. You always get an accurate answer.

Edited by inkypete
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

the prices make me cry though - must be import costs! :(

Unfortunately specially stores of anything in Aus is expensive. It is unfortunate because it makes supporting local family run stores such as the pens de luxe group and note maker very difficult. Most things at note maker or pen ultimate are commonly three times the street/ american price. It is not only import taxes that make pens so expensive here (tax is a very small factor) it is simply that they need to sell things for 200% mark up because they don't sell many pens! In the US where the population is much greater and each store therefore sells a lot more; profitability increases so prices can be more reasonable. The more we continue to buy overseas the further local companies must inflate their prices; and then these companies still ultimately will go broke because this further discourages local business support.

Edited by Sham69

I can also endorse Notemaker.com.au; comprehensive range of products combined with excellent customer service ethic.

Intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

the prices make me cry though - must be import costs! :(

Yeah, pretty much figure that makes up the differences. A lot of the items they get in (as far as I can tell) look like they've had to be shipped in from the US / UK / China.

Especially the rhodia / CF paper, seems like almost no-one has them in Australia (for a decent price atleast).

I don't think their prices aren't too bad, considering the Aussie tax though.

Do, or do not. There is no try - Master Yoda

Dude, can you turn those drums down? We can hear them in the next street! - That one annoying neighbour

I suppose you don't really use that many over a year so bite the bullet and buy quality. Over a period of time you earn a frequent buyers card and get a discount every order. That's handy.

The prices for notemaker.com.au (no affiliation) can be high, but no higher than elsewhere in Australia. However, if you love Kaweco Ice Sport pens (like I do) their prices are cheap, especially as they include the clip. Notemaker's service is outstanding and I'm happy to pay a premium for that.

Not sure if you realise that notemaker is part of the telegram group who are the Australian agents for a lot of this product - clairefontaine, rhodia, delfonics etc. By supporting notemaker and their retailers like Dymocks etc we have the best chance to make sure these brands continue to be available in Australia. That's a good enough reason to buy from notemaker.