Northern California Pen Groups

Guest Ray Cornett

Guest Ray Cornett

Are there any groups for collectors in the Northern California area? Especially in the Sacramento area? I am also looking for local area pen shows.

Edited by Ray Cornett

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tessy Moon

• FarmBoy

• ac12

• AndrewC

Go to Pentrace and do a search for PPPC in the search box near page bottom. Pan Pacific Pen Club has some nice meet ups and has one coming soon. There is also the SF Pen Posse here on FPN. Just go to the forums page and search for SF Pen Posse.

As to shows around here? Dunno if there will be one this year. There is the great show in LA around Valentines Day this year. Easy to get there from the airport. http://www.lapenshow.com/

Here is a link to Susan Wirth's Pen SHow calendar which includes a lot. http://www.susanwirth.com/2000.htm

Edited by AndrewC

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Here is the next 3 get-togethers for the Pen Posse.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/258896-omnibus-pen-posse-announcement-sf-janfeb/

They meet in Millbrae, which is a bit of a drive for you. But if you post a car-pool request, there might be someone near you that you can car pool in with.

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

Not so much of a drive from Sacramento to Peters Cafe. There are enough bodies in the Sacramento area that an easy carpool would suffice.

Not such a long drive, Arbuckle is longer and regularly shows up.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Are there any groups for collectors in the Northern California area? Especially in the Sacramento area? I am also looking for local area pen shows.

Hi,

I live in West Sacramento. At least once a year I host the Pen Posse at my home.

Send an email and we can get together.

Pen Posse is nothing if not mobile.

So you WILL be at Peters this week!

I have your PostIt notes to return.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

No, no, no. For *Pen Posse* to be mobile enough, Lisa would stay in Europe and we'd all have lunch in Berlin or Gdansk if we didn't go all the way to Wroclaw. Just speaking for myself, I can't make it to Gdansk this coming Sunday.

No, no, no. For *Pen Posse* to be mobile enough, Lisa would stay in Europe and we'd all have lunch in Berlin or Gdansk if we didn't go all the way to Wroclaw. Just speaking for myself, I can't make it to Gdansk this coming Sunday.

Will next Sunday work?

Edited by Wile E Coyote

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

-Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Bleep I'd be lucky to figure out how to say Gdansk by next week.

• 1 month later...
Guest Ray Cornett

Bleep I'd be lucky to figure out how to say Gdansk by next week.

"Good dancek" Insead of good danced. Take out the O's :)

• 4 months later...

I am in Sacramento too (almost Elk Grove, actually).

Any information about pen groups in the Sacramento area? Or should we just create a new group? I really don't know how this works, so I apologize for my ignorance!

I am used to SAHM groups (stay at home mom) or bible studies, lol. The Fountain Pen Group thing is a complete mystery to me ;)

Edited by Tessy Moon

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

Sounds like you have a decent enough size group in Sacramento to have your own Pen Posse in Sacramento.

Then once in a while car pool to the SF Pen Posse in Millbrae.

Don't forget the SF Pen Show in Redwood City Aug 22-24.

It should be a "candy shop" for us pen folks.

www.SFPenShow.com

Sounds like you have a decent enough size group in Sacramento to have your own Pen Posse in Sacramento.

Then once in a while car pool to the SF Pen Posse in Millbrae.

Don't forget the SF Pen Show in Redwood City Aug 22-24.

It should be a "candy shop" for us pen folks.

Oh I am so sad I can not go! I will be visiting family in Fresno next week! (Although I am extremely happy to be visiting family; just that the timing didn't work out so well in regards to the pen show.)

Hopefully I can attend next year!

So, how does one start a pen posse? Does there have to be anything official? Or do we just all decide to get together whenever and call it good?

Tessy Moon

My thoughts are filled with beautiful words for the King, and I will use my voice as a writer would use pen and ink. Psalm 45:1

So, how does one start a pen posse? Does there have to be anything official? Or do we just all decide to get together whenever and call it good?

Just get a bunch of fountain pen folks together at a place where you can stay for a long while and talk and show pens and do other pen related stuff.

Note that some restaurants want you out quickly, so they can seat other customers at the table. Turning the table in how they make money. So finding a place that will let you stay for a few hours is the challenge.

You can always meet at someones house and order in pizza.

www.SFPenShow.com

Thank you for the help and suggestions! I appreciate it! :)

Tessy Moon