New Noodler's Konrad Acrylic

Hey, guys!

Just got a new Noodler's Konrad Acrylic flex pen today...it writes SUPER scratchy. I'm pretty new to fountain pens and all. What can I do to fix this issue?

Logic is relative. - John Irving

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• amberleadavis

• Scribblesoften

• halcapps

• ddustinn

Top Posters In This Topic

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/187706-five-bad-things-that-happen-with-new-pens/

This link is a sticky at the top of this forum and describes why many users have issues with new pens. The most likely cause of scratchiness is the first issue addressed, misaligned tines. If you take a close look (with a loupe, zoomed in camera, etc.) and see that one tine is lower or higher than the other, aligning them should solve the issue.

"While you are proclaiming peace with your lips, be careful to have it even more fully in your heart."

- St. Francis of Assisi

"Don't play what's there. Play what's not there."

-Miles Davis

I will gladly take your unwanted Noodler's pens. Don't throw them away.

Assume no affiliation.

amberleadavis

Hey, guys!

Just got a new Noodler's Konrad Acrylic flex pen today...it writes SUPER scratchy. I'm pretty new to fountain pens and all. What can I do to fix this issue?

Welcome aboard. I like the avatar.

DDustin, great advice.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Scribblesoften

I have had a few Noodler's Ahabs and Konrads that had uneven tipping that had to be smoothed. I think DDustin's referenced thread is correct. Tine alignment is paramount. However, on some of this type of nib it is a tipping issue. Check the alignment, if it is correct, smooth the nib. The Goulets have a couple of videos on smoothing. The danger with smoothing is that it is a one way trip. Good luck with your pen.