Omnibus Pen Posse Announcement, Sf Jan/feb

ac12

From FP Geeks Omnibus Pen Posse announcement

Rather than make three separate posts, I'm announcing the next three Pen Posses.

pre pre LA Pen Show Posse

Sunday Jan. 26th-1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

10 El Camino Real, Millbrae

CA 94030

Pre-LA Pen Show Pen Posse

Sunday Feb. 9th

This is the annual pre-LA event

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

CA 94030

Post-LA Pen Show Pen Posse

Sunday Feb. 23rd

This is the annual post-LA recap pen posse.

1:00 pm

Peter's Cafe

CA 94030

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• FarmBoy

• ethernautrix

• Jerome Tarshis

• docsmitty

This post makes me hungry for a Monte Christo AND a Peter's Special Scramble.

You DO have a return ticket...

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Yes, I do.

Looking forward to Pen Posse at Peter's TOOT SWEET thereafter.

Plan on being here August 22-24 ish. You will not regret it.

San Francisco International Pen Show - The next “Funnest Pen Show” is on schedule for August 23-24-25, 2024.  Watch the show website for registration details. 

My PM box is usually full. Just email me: my last name at the google mail address.

Are we to understand that August 22-24 are the three days many have been waiting to hear about since 2012?

Maybe I'm the one who's befuddled. I suspected, in my romantic way, that the August dates just might refer to a San Francisco pen show.

I am seeing as through a browser window, darkly. But I did have a sense that at least three or four people went away from the last San Francisco show looking forward to another one. And being disappointed at not hearing the dates for 2013.

Maybe I'm the one who's befuddled. I suspected, in my romantic way, that the August dates just might refer to a San Francisco pen show.

I am seeing as through a browser window, darkly. But I did have a sense that at least three or four people went away from the last San Francisco show looking forward to another one. And being disappointed at not hearing the dates for 2013.

I think you might be on to something.

Strictly speaking, we are still in the realm of nods, winks, hints, and intimations in general. No concrete announcement. Let me therefore seize this still-plastic moment to put forward my other conjecture: In honor of Lisa, a three-day Society for Creative Anachronism tournament in which the competitors would smite one another with staves painted in the form of Nakaya fountain pens. I may have guessed wrong, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

My wife and I are heading to the LA pen show for the first time this year and what better way to prepare than to come to the pre- and maybe post-show Pen Posse meetings!

Please let us know if there's been any change to the planned meet up times.. Do people usually bring pens or other goodies to look at? We're trying to decide what to bring to the Posse, let alone the show!

Times are as initially planned. Bring it all then leave most at home.

What is it that the Smitties are looking for? We may have it here.

Haha,, I think what we're looking for most is a good ol' fashioned pen show! It's been too long since our last.. SF two years ago I think.. And August seems awfully far away!

I have a few specific items in mind.. Some rare mechanical pencils, some Snorkel and Vac browsing..

I think She might be after any Safaris missing from the herd... and maybe a 51.. and there was some mention of maki-e :o

Ill bring a case of pens for you to sample.

Anything special in 51s?

Sounds great, we'll see you there! I don't think we have any particular 51 in mind, although we'd probably tend towards the earlier Aeros.

• 2 weeks later...

Any hope of minor pen surgery? Equivalent of periodontal treatment? In a sudden access of eBay insanity, I bought a Cross Century nib unit. One extra might come in handy, since one that I possess is sort of imperfect.

Nib arrives with nick in one tine, rough behavior in L to R strokes. That has been fixed. Am told the inside surfaces of the tines would benefit from smoothing. Is this an intervention that might take place in the middle of LA show frenzy, giant apple pie consumption, sadly watching Loren defer his gratification w/r/t that MB barrel?