Namiki Yukari Royale Versus Pilot Custom 845

shuuemura

thank you for your response! great other review btw. hm since the question has been asked, in terms of writing comfort (discounting the nib I guess) do you find the yukari royale or the KOP more comfortable?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shuuemura

• daintydimsum

• Lennart Wennberg

• rokurinpapa

thank you for your response! great other review btw. hm since the question has been asked, in terms of writing comfort (discounting the nib I guess) do you find the yukari royale or the KOP more comfortable?

It depends on my mood. They are both comfortable to me, but I write with the Yukari Royale 70% of the time, and the KOP 30% of the time. I guess I prefer the weight and feel of the brass barrel slightly more.

makes sense! visually I prefer the shape of the yukari royale, though that shade of crimson...

thank you for your input!

awesome review. too bad my hand size fits pilot custom 74 and nakaya piccolo better. if i were to have larger hands, i would gladly acquire the namiki royale in a heart beat. thanks for sharing :thumbup:

-rudy-

One of the nicest review i've seen during this year...Thank you very much

A people can be great withouth a great pen but a people who love great pens is surely a great people too...

Pens owned actually: MB 146 EF;Pelikan M200 SE Clear Demonstrator 2012 B;Parker 17 EF;Parker 51 EF;Waterman Expert II M,Waterman Hemisphere M;Waterman Carene F and Stub;Pilot Justus 95 F.

Nearly owned: MB 149 B(Circa 2002);Conway Stewart Belliver LE bracket Brown IB.

Hi Shummera excellent review and such gorgeous pens.

Is the Pilot Custom 845 the largest Pilot Custom fountain pen there is.

Also love the nib to it and love the Namiki too

• 2 months later...

Found this wonderful review only today. What beautiful photographs! I own the Custom 845 with an M nib, and that nib is also quite firm.

S.T. Dupont Ellipsis 18kt M nib

Opus 88 Flow steel M nib

Waterman Man 100 Patrician Coral Red 18kt factory stub nib

Franklin-Christoph Model 19 with Masuyama 0.7mm steel cursive italic nib

Fantastic review indeed. the Pilot Custom 845 Vermilion Urushi is a dream that ill will try to make true. fantastic pen.
thanks for the review.

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/5642/postcardde9.png

Really great review - thank you. Having owned both pens I think you're thoughts are spot on. I found the Yukari slightly heavy for my taste but it's undeniably a superior pen, deserving fully of its price tag. That said, the 845 is very nice too, though I like the aesthetics of the plainer pens such as the Yukari, KoP, Nakaya etc better.

D A N i T R i O f e l l o w s h i p

• 7 months later...

Namiki Yukari Royale versus Pilot Custom 845

Thank you shuuemura for such an excellent review. I just wanted a m800 compared with the custom 845 and imagine my happiness when I find out that, you have already compared it with both Yukari Royale and C845 :)

Best wishes, Sonik

Edited by soniknitr

You have come to earth to entertain and to be entertained - P.Y

Some Pen & Paraphernalia Reviews

amazing shootout of the two expensive pens, both pens are not available in india

so will have to wait for pilot india to launch them in India. Indian customs have got strict on imports of pens.

Edited by maverink

Pilot custom heritage 74 all nibs, 742 Fa and PO nibs, 823 F 92 F,M, 3776 FM,EF,1911F

And all indian pens

Amazing review!! Your collection made me a bit jealous though...

I also have a namiki urushi royal, and is my favourite pen of all time!!

Thank you for your review, I'll be reading the others!

• 1 year later...

Great review with great brands! Personally I allso prefer the Namiki.

Many thanks from the Netherlands for this superb review.

Alexander Mengerink

Heemstede

• 1 year later...

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I just keep coming back to the OP's reviews of the Namiki Yukari Royale. I have so much want (need?) for one of these in Vermillion, and am not sure I can wait for summer to pick one up on Tokyo...

After all these intervening years, which of the pens (Royales, Emperor, KOP, 845) do you use most frequently?

Too many pens; too little writing.

Sorry to resurrect a dead thread, but I just keep coming back to the OP's reviews of the Namiki Yukari Royale. I have so much want (need?) for one of these in Vermillion, and am not sure I can wait for summer to pick one up on Tokyo...

After all these intervening years, which of the pens (Royales, Emperor, KOP, 845) do you use most frequently?

I use the Yukari Royales the most frequently. You won't regret getting one. The 845s are a close second. I'm actually waiting for Pilot to restock the Custom Urushi.

My KOP is taking a vacation in Hiroshima right now. The clip had corroded, so I sent it back to Sailor via the local distributor last December for evaluation and repair. Hope it comes back soon!

The Emperor stays in its pen case uninked, because it's a bit too grand to be wielding around the hospital wards where I spend most of my time nowadays.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the fantastic detailed review and the great photos. During the ink fills, some ink would spill on the Urushi in the Yukari Royale. Does the ink spill on the Urushi affect it? How has the performance been now after nearly 3 years? Also on looks of the pen, Can you please share a photo?

I use my KoPs far more often than my 845.

My Website