Do you like this ink?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this ink?

• YES
    • NO
    • INDIFFERENT

I'm back! After (what, a year?) I finally have time to do reviews again! Well, I've still been doing them, but without a working scanner, and with no time to set up a photo situation that's up to my standards, I haven't posted a new on in a while.

I used to scan the reviews at a high resolution, but photobucket started to hate on my data usage and I had three separate PB accounts full of review pics. Getting accurate color out of the scans was always exceedingly difficult, and I'd always wanted to switch over to taking the pics with a camera using noon daylight (CRI of 100 is hard to argue with) using a custom white balance, but until recently I just hadn't had time.

So no more super-high resolution reviews, and unfortunately I'm still using my first DSLR so the best I can do right now is 10 megapixels (not including any cropping), but the color should be much more spot on.

I'm also going to do something new with newly posted reviews—a poll. You'll be able to vote! A simple question: "Do you like the ink?" I'm not asking if you like the reviews, just the inks. :)

So enjoy! I'll be posting many more—and with a backlog of about 70 already-written reviews and more being written all the time, the supply should last a while.
:D

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/xq90/838/qhmh.jpg

Edited by mhphoto

fpn_1451747045__img_1999-2.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lapis

• swanjun

• Onizuka

• Pentulant

amberleadavis

I love this ink for how vibrant it is, alas it has no fade resistance.

http://sheismylawyer.com/INK/attachments/2012-10-24_done__03_small.jpg

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Want to get a special letter / gift from me, then create a Ghostly Avatar

Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 366 Inks in 2016

Check out inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

FountainPenCowgirl

The "poorly behaved" part - experienced firsthand - led to a no vote from me. Other purples feed my fetish and play more nicely.

I really like the colour, depending on the grapes I can think of but IMO the maintenance is not good.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

I've yet to try this one. The color is nice, but too bad about the rest.

And yay, you're back! I have missed your reviews, so a backlog of 70 sounds wonderful! :)

Welcome Back! I am big fan of your reviews and love the way you do them. :wub: They have the content that I want to see which can help with the purchase which for me is bottom line really. I just wish that you recommend the alternatives for the ink you review. Nevertheless, awesome review; keep up the good work and know that your effort is appreciated. :D

Regards

Oni

I've just recently inked a Pilot Metropolitan with Baystate Concord Grape - it just doesn't write very well - lots of spreading, even on some of the better papers I have on hand.

Love the color and saturation - too bad.

pentulant [adjective]: immodest or wanton in search of all things related to pens<BR> [proper noun]: Christine Witt Visit Pentulant<br>

President, Brush Dance - we make high-quality, mindful Calendars, Planners, Journals, and other fun stuff you'll love