• Black Python in Pearls
    • Coral Sea
    • Emeralds of the Sun
    • Forbidden City
    • Ghostly Lapis
    • Marbled Marianas
    • Olde Salem
    • Victory Garden

So, I've decided to get me one of these. I can't really make up my mind between Forbidden City, Olde Salem or Victory Garden, although I've put the other colours in my poll too. I'll give it a few hours then order away!

Edited by jrgard

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Traubert

• Ursus

• leeowens337

• F104

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got 3 of the Konrad Acrylics: Ghostly Lapis, Forbidden City, and Emeralds on the Sun. I think my favorite is the Emeralds on the Sun, which I voted for above.

I thought my favorite would be the Ghostly Lapis, however the one I got is suffering from some yellowing at the thread areas for the blind cap and where the piston assembly screws in the body. Was a bit bummed about that, as I had read this new acrylic was supposed to be better about not yellowing.

Overall, the pens are very attractive and I'm pleased with them.

I know you'll enjoy whatever pen(s) you decide on!

-Lee

Galapagos tortoise is nice; I don't really know the three colours that you mention - have you got a link?

So, I've decided to get me one of these. I can't really make up my mind between Forbidden City, Olde Salem or Victory Garden, although I've put the other colours in my poll too. I'll give it a few hours then order away!

There you go!

I recently acquired an Olde Salem. Extremely happy with my choice. Bright orange, the swirls have black and some blue. Beautiful pen.

Ooo, either Black Python in Pearls and fill it with Sailor Jentle Black or Ghostly Lapis and fill it with Akkerman's Shocking Blue.

In fact why don't you buy both as YOU WILL buy another in the future and this way you'll save on postage :D

I love my Konrad. Beginning to wish I wasn't an early adopter. Mine's red swirls on the body but plain red caps :huh:

The nib & flow is fantastic though . . . :)

I bought mine and some ink from Pure Pens and they were wonderful to deal with.

Best of luck.

Photos of your choice soon please . . .

(I'd recommend Noodler's inks but don't own any that would match the new funky pens)

Ink-wise, I'm going with my old favourite, Diamine Kelly Green. My school has recently told us that we have to mark in red (so I'm using Oxblood and Deep Magenta, neither of which are the red the want, but it's as close as they'll get from me), so my erstwhile colour of choice for doling out praise/destroying dreams (of which I'd just bought a new 80ml bottle) has been relegated to the back of the shelf. I use Sherwood Green and Twilight for my everyday, more sensible writing, so Kelly Green, like the pen it'll be going in, is just for fun.

Ooo, either Black Python in Pearls and fill it with Sailor Jentle Black or Ghostly Lapis and fill it with Akkerman's Shocking Blue.

In fact why don't you buy both as YOU WILL buy another in the future and this way you'll save on postage :D

I love my Konrad. Beginning to wish I wasn't an early adopter. Mine's red swirls on the body but plain red caps :huh:

The nib & flow is fantastic though . . . :)

I bought mine and some ink from Pure Pens and they were wonderful to deal with.

Best of luck.

Photos of your choice soon please . . .

(I'd recommend Noodler's inks but don't own any that would match the new funky pens)

That Black Python in Pearls is cool, isn't it? If only I had £300 to bin on pens. Except Coral Sea. I think it reminds me of a time when I accidentally ate some interesting mushrooms at a party...

More help so you can help me: I want it to be spooky. I like to write the odd ghost story and am a sucker for horror. Olde Salem has witchy connotations and that's cool.

Ordered the Olde Salem. Quite excited :-D

I actually don't care for a lot of the new colors. Makes me think of someone trying to paint camouflage while on a bad LSD trip. (Reminds me of an old cartoon from WWI I saw in a book, in which a mule is being painted with camouflage: the caption says something like "I'd been hearing about the 'horrors of the war' -- I never thought I'd be one!")

Personally, I much prefer the subtler colorways. I voted for Forbidden City, but also like the Appalachian Pearl. Of the original acrylic colors, I liked the Baikal Blue; but discretionary fund being what they are, I opted for one of the ebonite Konrads instead, and have been really happy that I got one of those -- I think I almost prefer it to the original resin bodies (and I have *three* of those...).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."