Hello Fellow Nibbers !

captain nib

Hello all Fountain Penners !

What a great forum to share ideas or post thoughts. Happy new year to all (from Sydney, Australia).

Ahh, the lost art of penmanship. My interest in fountain pens started in primary school (some few moons away...ok, many moons). We were given nibbed cartridge pens as part of our handwriting lessons. I got hooked. I loved the different coloured barrels and ink colours. Over time, I came to realise the fountain pen universe had expanded...ink bladders and wonderful bottles of hues & colours, plus an infinite variety of makes, barrels, nibs (and prices !).

Great writing seems to be associated with fountain pens. The sheer delight in expressing and forming words & thoughts upon paper. There is some transformation once you hold that fountain pen - I think more clearly and seek 'The Flow' (thoughts effortlessly flowing into words).Yet, it is ironic that we meet online in a forum, and keyboard away, whilst our fountain pen forlornly looks on.

I'm trying to get my teenage daughter to think about using a fountain pen to help her handwriting. She writes quick and legibility does suffer. Any ideas on a good, first time f / pen ?

So, it's cheers from the captain and keep nibbing on.

thanks & best wishes, Captain Nib

...keep nibbing on...

Don't look down on someone, unless helping them up :D

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• captain nib

• RMN

• Sasha Royale

• notVirtuThe3rd

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Greetings and Welcome aboard the FPN!

See with what large letters I have written you with my own hand. GaVIxi

The pen is the interpreter of the soul: what one thinks, the other expresses. (MdC)

Thanks for the welcome ! Appreciate it. :)

...keep nibbing on...

Hi CN , :W2FPN: and a great 2014 to you as well.

What do you mean with: nibbed cartridge pens? AFAIK al fountain pens have nibs, without the nib no inkflow to the paper.

And what pens are you using these days?

Enjoy the forum.

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Welcome, Captain Nib !

I have many of the same thoughts, myself, on these matters. You express them well. Do you ever play music while writing letters with your fountain pen ?

Which fountain pens do you currently use ? Of these, is there one that your daughter likes ? Is your "teenage" daughter thirteen or seventeen ? (There is a difference.) Let her try some of your pens. Her preferences will guide your choice, from pens available down-under.

Write with joy.

Edited by Sasha Royale

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Greetings from California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Thanks for the further welcomes, including D.ick, Sasha, Clancy, Wahl, Ray Man...

D.ick - very perceptive of you. I did indeed say nibbed cartridge f/pens. I think what I meant was that back at school we had use of one piece plastic quill shaped fountain pens. I didn't know back then that the end was called a nib, so I called them quills...!!

Sasha - thanks. She's coming on to 17. Yes, I do at times listen to music to get creative juices flowing, in sync with the f/pen. Have some LAMY safaris for everyday use. Also, a nice Waterman with gold plated broad nib (..just forgot the make, darn it..)

Keep nibbing... :D

...keep nibbing on...