Book 'pen Repair' - Third Edition

lcoldfield

Many people have asked when the book will be in print again. Well, it is now, and it is being mailed out. Fountain Pen Hospital, Classic pens, Five Star Pens and Pendemonium will shortly have copies for US customers. Personally signed copies can only be obtained from the authors. Please see www.penpractice.com for a list of contents, sample pages and procedure for obtaining a copy.

Laurence

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• lcoldfield

• hari317

• newlife

• PDW

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is great news! I love the second edition and I'm very excited to see the third.

Currently using:Too many pens inked to list, I must cut back! :) I can guarantee there are flighters, urushi, and/or Sheaffer Vac-fillers in the mix!!!

I have no affiliation other than I own a previous edition of this book, but if any of you out there are wondering "hmmmm should I buy this?" Please do, it will save many innocent pens from the trash heap!

Edited by pen lady

Please do, it will save many innocent pens from the trash heap!

<confession>Like a newb using needle nosed pliers to pull out a stuck nib!? :headsmack: </confession>

Edited by ruben50
Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

<confession>Like a newb using needle nosed pliers to pull out a stuck nib!? :headsmack: </confession>

< raises hand in embarrassment > :gaah:

San Francisco Pen Show - August 28-30, 2020 - Redwood City, California

www.SFPenShow.com

I have the 2nd ed bought directly from Dr. Laurence, I Bought my copy of the 3rd ed yesterday through a contact in the UK. it will hopefully be with me in India by tomorrow afternoon.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

Bought my copy yesterday. Being not quite as optimistic as hari317 I nevertheless know that Laurence's books are worth every penny! I wish he someday will widen the range and make us german pen collectors happy with more details about german pens too. There are some special pens not really easy to repair, for instance the Castell Wertfüller, also some of the older Osmias with modificated vacumatic filling would be worth mentioning.

I wish he someday will widen the range and make us german pen collectors happy with more details about german pens too. There are some special pens not really easy to repair, for instance the Castell Wertfüller, also some of the older Osmias with modificated vacumatic filling would be worth mentioning.

I'd been moaning (accompanied by entirely-deserved praise) at the two authors at pen shows for a third edition. Now you've given me an excuse to start agitating for a fourth!

Apologies, and more thanks, in advance to both authors

Edited by PDW

Wow! Must have been Santa Claus with some exceptional fast holy cows in front of his sledge ;)

Haha. I will tell him that. It was actually hand delivered to me today by a close friend who lives in the UK and arrived to India today bringing the book along. Day before yesterday he asked if I wanted any last minute thing, I had just seen this thread and replied yes with the details. He ordered the book, paid double shipping to have it guaranteed delivered the next day, so yes, he is my pen Santa Claus this year. :)

The book itself is slightly more detailed as compared to the 2nd edition, esp in the MB section, on the topic of making cork seals and perhaps other topics also which I have not had a chance to go through yet.

In case you wish to write to me, pls use ONLY email by clicking here. I do not check PMs. Thank you.

No, not upset at all! Priced at £10,000, this must be considered the book of the century by somebody!

Unfortunately, Amazon's response to my invitation to sell them some third edition stock produced an offer of £25. Perhaps they have found some rare and wonderful copies of the first edition?

Who said Amazon were the cheapest?

Laurence

• 4 weeks later...

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke (1729 - 1797)