Hello From Maryland!

disquietingmuse

Hello Everyone!

My friend told me about this site and now I'm hooked! Figured instead of lurking I'd just make an account.

I've been using fountain pens for about three years now, mostly for basic writing and fancy lettering purposes. I don't have the money for very fancy fountain pens, but I have some AWESOME friends that let me borrow theirs!

My favorite everyday pen is Kaweco Classic Sport for the compact design and the fact that it's not meltdown-worthy if I misplace it. I also like the lack of a clip so it doesn't scratch my phone when thrown in my purse.

I tend to like fine nibs over thicker ones, and blue or brown inks over black. I go through a lot of sketchbooks/notebooks each year and I definitely think a fine paper can make even the cheapest pen look ten times better! So I guess you can say I'm a bit of a paper/notebook snob. I also have a super-soft spot for well-designed accessories like pen pouches, leather notebook covers/cases, notebook bands with pen slots, etc.

I follow a lot of pen blogs, but I come here almost exclusively before I buy a pen for trusted reviews. Can't wait to add to the conversations and start learning a whole lot more!

–Tori

–Tori

:sm_cat:

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• disquietingmuse

• jar

• Postscript

• Clancy

Welcome, Tori !

The despot has entered past thy temple doors. He won't be easily extracated.

Sounds like you have found the right everyday pen to carry with you. If you are a student, writing with

a fountain pen will relieve of much classroom fatique. It was an advantage to me in college.

I think there is a nice pen shop in Columbia, and another in Kensington. You might find good paper

there. Keep an eye out for the old black and write "Composition" notebooks. The ones with paper ,

that is slightly glossy, is fountain pen friendly.

Write with joy.

c

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

Hi Tori and welcome to FPN

Enjoy the forum

D.ick

~

KEEP SAFE, WEAR A MASK, KEEP A DISTANCE.

Freedom exists by virtue of self limitation.

~

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome home Tori. Pull up a stump and set a spell. Has the despots heel moved yet or is it still at the door?

Only an Old Line Stater would get that reference. Thanks, Post Script

*******************************************************************************************

Oh, and welcome to Maryland; feel free to borrow any of my pens.

*******************************************************************************************

What was even funnier was each morning we would say the pledge and THEN sing Maryland, my Maryland.

My Website

HI Tori. Greetings from northern California and a warm welcome to FPN. It's great to have you here with us.

"Intolerance betrays want of faith in one's cause." - Gandhi -

Welcome Tori--have you discovered Tomoe River paper yet?

Thanks, and YES! One of my favorites. It's amazing how thin it is...kind of a little too thin for me, but I definitely go through it when I can find it. Have you ever ordered it online before?

–Tori

Welcome, Tori !

The despot has entered past thy temple doors. He won't be easily extracated.

Sounds like you have found the right everyday pen to carry with you. If you are a student, writing with

a fountain pen will relieve of much classroom fatique. It was an advantage to me in college.

I think there is a nice pen shop in Columbia, and another in Kensington. You might find good paper

there. Keep an eye out for the old black and write "Composition" notebooks. The ones with paper ,

that is slightly glossy, is fountain pen friendly.

Write with joy.

c

I graduated in May and mostly used ballpoints, unfortunately! I will have to check those pen stores out.

Are you referencing Pen Boutique in Columbia? I have heard of them but haven't made a trip up there yet. I also heard Bertram's Inkwell in Rockville was good but I haven't been there either. I'm in Anne Arundel County now so I've been looking for a good store around the Glen Burnie area.

–Tori

Thanks! I'm a transplant to MD from NY, so that reference went over my head. I've only lived here for a little over five years now, for school and then decided to stay!

–Tori

I graduated in May and mostly used ballpoints, unfortunately! I will have to check those pen stores out.

Are you referencing Pen Boutique in Columbia? I have heard of them but haven't made a trip up there yet. I also heard Bertram's Inkwell in Rockville was good but I haven't been there either. I'm in Anne Arundel County now so I've been looking for a good store around the Glen Burnie area.

Annie A. Old stomping ground. But back then Glen Burnie was a little place.

My Website

Thanks! I'm a transplant to MD from NY, so that reference went over my head. I've only lived here for a little over five years now, for school and then decided to stay!

Pen Boutique in Columbia is a fine B&M store and not too far from AA County. Also Little Treasury Jewelers in your county sells montgrappa now so check them out.

Post Script

Edited by Postscript