The Fountain Pen Network Messages

Dearest Visitors of the Fountain Pen Nuthouse,

Registration with automated checks is working again, with the introduction of our upgraded site!

You may do so here: https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/?_fromLogout=1

Warm regards, The FPN Admin Team

Rate Topic 0

Got some samples this Christmas.

+1 for Scabiosa and Noodler's Purple Martin.

Ebony Purple, on the other hand, looks way too black, even under a strong light.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheAkwardNinja

• BMG

• FountainPenCowgirl

• amberleadavis

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune is my favorite purple. It can have a variety of effects depending on the nib. It's darker, conservative, but definitely purple. I use it for everyday writing, business or not.

I like this ink a lot, but it's a greyish purple. In English the name is "Moon Dust", which is one of the most appropriate ink names I've encountered.

Regards,

Ray

I like the Diamine Amaranth. I used it in my first stub nib & it was great. I have used it a few other nibbed pens. Used in gold pens & a steel Conklin stub, behaved well.

aggie

If your out-go is more than your income,

Then your up-keep.

May be your Down-falll!!!

FountainPenCowgirl

One option that I just ordered, based on sample performance, is Iroshizuku Murasaki-shikibu. One thing I do not need is another purple ink (love so much that I overdo). However, the flow and shading were so beautiful that common sense went out the door. :)

Why recommend here? It's lovely and non-girly. It's more purple than Bilberry but bluer than PR Supershow Violet.

I like Noodler's Violet Vote (formerly Iraqi Indigo) a Pendemonium exclusive. Bulletproof. Evidently has some nib creep but I don't see with my Parker "51". Even used for sympathy cards. On the stock I used and pen didn't come off as joyous. You may have a different opinion on that use.

Consider a mix toward nightshade. Think there is one with Iraqi Indigo and Zhavigo.

If you wanted to tinker, I would recommend getting two bottles of Platinum Mix Free, one in Smoke Black and one in Silky Purple. Mixed together in a 1:1 ratio, they make a beautiful dark violet, a sort of black-orchid colour that leans towards blue, and you could keep adjusting the ratios until you got the perfect shade. Cyclamen Pink also makes a wonderful purple mixed 1:1 with SB, one veering more towards red than blue.

In fact, you ought to consider getting the whole 9-vial set from Goulet (5 mL of each colour plus 10 empty vials and a pair of syringes) and just mix to your heart's content. $30 very well spent.

If you don't want to mix, then I vote for Diamine Damson and Iroshizuku Murasaki, my go-to purples (and I'm a guy).