TheAkwardNinja

I've been using Waterman Purple for about 18 months and I have to say it's a gorgeous ink to use and behaves itself on the page.

Long reign the House of Belmont.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheAkwardNinja

• RayMan

• BMG

• tomkeb

How about Akkerman Voorhout Violet? A nice darkish violet/purple. Noodler's North African Violet may or may not work for you - might depend on the nib and what you are using it for. Check Goulet's swab shop.

These photos have the above as well as Diamine Sherwood Green & Diamine Classic Red:

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12/20131215_214216_zpsfcwa9o4b.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12/20131215_214159_zpsl3svtqpu.jpg

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af283/Runnin_Ute/Mobile%20Uploads/2013-12/20131215_214145_zpsd6wrji5r.jpg

Edited by Runnin_Ute

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune is my favorite purple. It can have a variety of effects depending on the nib. It's darker, conservative, but definitely purple. I use it for everyday writing, business or not.

"A man's maturity consists in having found again the seriousness one had as a child, at play."

Friedrich Nietzsche

kelsonbarber.wordpress.com

Hi,

+1 for Tanum Purple (Kobe) as Member amberleadavis shared with us in Post № 6 above.

Kindly also consider Nooder's FPN Dumas Tulipe Noir. It easily handles dilution, which keeps the colour from being totally submerged.

I've been on the outs with Purple - most of them strike me as a bit too 'floral'. Yet that hasn't put paid to the matter, so I've been trying a few blends. If one compares R&K Alt Bordeaux to say Diamine Syrah, I'm trying to get an 'Alt Violet' without going so vegetal as an Aubergine.

Bye,

S1

The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.

I like Akkerman no. 15 too; a darker purple, but the colour always shows, and it seems to me quite suitable for both formal and social letters. Interesting without being startling or showy.

Sincerely, beak.

God does not work in mysterious ways – he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.

How about Pelikan 4001 Violet? I've just had my first bottle and really love it.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I'm also a great fan of FPN Noodlers Dumas Tulip Noir and DeAtramentis Aubergine. Perhaps Diamine Damson?

I'm very fond of Caran D'ache Storm - a purple-grey. Lovely and not at all feminine, to my eye, anyway. :)

"Baldrick, you wouldn't recognise a cunning plan if it painted itself purple and danced naked on top of a harpsichord singing 'Cunning plans are here again'"

Twitter: @CasmiUK

DeAtramentis Giacomo Puccini. Perhaps a bit richer shade than their Aubergine. Both are personal favorites...

"Ravens play with lost time."

Diamine Bilberry? DeAtrementis Aubergine? Or Private Reserve Ebony Purple if you want to go darker.

Do not fool around with PR Purple Mojo. Too too bright for my taste and too saturated -leaves lots of residue, may stain demonstrators ink barrel. I ended, after so long, flushing it away.

sonia alvarez

fpn_1379481230__chinkinreduced.jpg

How does Diamine Amaranth behave?

-Ave María, grátia pléna, Dóminus técum. Benedícta tu in muliéribus, et benedíctus frúctus véntris túi, Iésus. Sáncta María, Máter Déi, óra pro nóbis peccatóribus, nunc et in hóra mórtis nóstrae. Amen.-

J. Herbin, Violette Pensee, is a grown-up shade, not too glary or bright. I use it for everything, business included. But it might be a bit too light for you? Check out the Swab Shop on Goulet pens (no affil.)

I agree. This is my favorite shade of purple (bluish purple). Others that I like are:

Diamine Imperial Purple (bluish purple)

Pelikan Violet (a reddish violet color; nicely saturated)

Edited by RayMan

Regards,

Ray

Sheaffer's purple ink has good color & is well-behaved, perky without being too belligerent. It is particularly useful if you write purple prose.

"Don't start vast projects with half-vast ideas."

J. Herbin Poussiere de Lune is my favorite purple. It can have a variety of effects depending on the nib. It's darker, conservative, but definitely purple. I use it for everyday writing, business or not.

I agree on that. Poussière de Lune is a great ink and a little different. Not as pale as some J Herbin inks.

Just cracked open a bottle of OMAS purple. Found that excellent.

Wouldn't it have been easier to just unscrew the cap from the bottle?

[irony alert: the above was intended to be humorous. :) ]

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

+1

Écrire c’est tenter de savoir ce qu’on écrirait si on écrivait. – M. Duras

• 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a bottle of Pelikan 4001 Violet, interestingly it seems to be in the older style bottle/box. A nice ink, works fine.

/http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/858372_558495127508117_649985064_o.jpg