What Do I Have?

grimesterwon

Hi!

I have just acquired a smallish (compared to my 149) fountain pen, and hoped someone could help me identify the model#, Mfg date, etc.

I would like to sell it, but have no idea of it's value.

Thank you in advance!

Mike

post-76099-0-86597400-1386553856_thumb.jpgpost-76099-0-16464100-1386553888_thumb.jpg

Edited by grimesterwon

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• grimesterwon

• csacks

• Florida Blue

• Penne Stilografiche

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Could you send us a photo of the nib? and of the cup, looked from the top. It will help a lot. It looks like a MB 144

I think your 144 is from the 1980s. The later versions had two-tone nibs and the scrolls around the imprint.

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

I think a value might be around $100 to $150 depending on condition. MB discontinued the 144 about 10 years ago and replaced it with the 145, but the two are almost identical. You could try checking the completed listing on eBay to give you a better idea or try asking in the MB sub-forum.

Edited by Florida Blue

Parker: Sonnet Flighter, Rialto Red Metallic Laque, IM Chiseled Gunmetal, Latitude Stainless, 45 Black, Duovac Blue Pearl Striped, 51 Standard Black, Vac Jr. Black, 51 Aero Black, 51 Vac Blue Cedar, Duofold Jr. Lapis, 51 Aero Demi Black, 51 Aero Demi Teal, 51 Aero Navy Gray, Duofold Pastel Moire Violet, Vac Major Golden Brown, Vac Deb. Emerald, 51 Vac Dove Gray, Vac Major Azure, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, 51 Vac Black GF Cap, 51 Forest Green GF cap, Vac Jr. Silver Pearl, Duovac Senior Green & Gold, Duovac Deb. Black, Challenger Black, 51 Aero Midnight, Vac. Emerald Jr., Challenger Gray Pearl, 51 Vac Black, Duofold Int. Black, Duofold Jr. Red.

Yes, I agree, it looks like an old 144 (I have a 146 from 1982, and the nib is single colored, instead of the beauty silver/gold of the newer models). No idea about price. I will depend on many variables. Is it still writing, what kind of nib does it have, the state of the body. But, as many Montblancs, it will be a smooth FP, and if you do not find too slim, you will enjoy it. If you want to keep it for yourself. If you are planning just to sell it and make some money with it, Florida Blue already gave you a hint.

In my opinion, FP are to be stored, but it something that I have to discuss with my psychologist.

Cool!

Thank you all for your help!

I may keep it after all.

It does write, though it is a fine point (I prefer a broader nib)> It is an elegant pen.

Mike

Me too, broad nibs are my favorites, but older nibs use to be fine or medium. Any way, you may try to find a new nib for it.