Montblanc Einstein Fp Markings

zfarrias1

Hello,

I've recently purchased a MB Einstein FP on my yearly Thanksgiving trip to Vegas. I purchased it from the boutique, sealed, I even opened it there so I'm not worried about it being a fake at all. However, I failed to find any hallmarks or a serial number on it, only the limited edition number on the lower cap ring and the Au750 and 18K engravings on the nib. What I am wondering is where the Ag925 and serial number would be located if there are any, of course.

Thanks in advance,

Z

Montblanc Albert Einstein 3000 FP, Montblanc 149, Montblanc Jonathan Swift FP, Delta Dolcevita Oro Oversize, Karas Kustoms Ink FP in brass, and too many Jinhaos to count

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• zfarrias1

• mstrl

• ThierryfromFrance

• BrandonA

Hello "Z", there is no silver mention, because the fp is not in silver -- I know, it sounds a bit strange for such limited editions as the 3000 but...

You will find details in this official MB page:

http://stories.montblanc.com/2013/01/montblanc-presents-its-great-characters-edition-2013-albert-einstein-limited-edition/#.UqN4PJFCGw0

Kind regards

Thierry

Hello "Z", there is no silver mention, because the fp is not in silver -- I know, it sounds a bit strange for such limited editions as the 3000 but...

You will find details in this official MB page:

http://stories.montblanc.com/2013/01/montblanc-presents-its-great-characters-edition-2013-albert-einstein-limited-edition/#.UqN4PJFCGw0

Kind regards

Thierry

Even though it is not solid platinum it is platinum plated. I'd far rather have one of these than a silver pen. Silver is quite cheap and the tarnishing can be annoying.

In regards to serial numbers, the only one I'm away of that has a serial number is the Hemingway (I wonder if the Medici does too). Instead you only have the issue number and confirmation as to how many pens were made, these make the serial number surplus to requirements.

Enjoy you pen zfarrias1. I know I enjoy mine.

My Collection: Montblanc Writers Edition: Hemingway, Christie, Wilde, Voltaire, Dumas, Dostoevsky, Poe, Proust, Schiller, Dickens, Fitzgerald (set), Verne, Kafka, Cervantes, Woolf, Faulkner, Shaw, Mann, Twain, Collodi, Swift, Balzac, Defoe, Tolstoy, Shakespeare, Saint-Exupery, Homer & Kipling. Montblanc Einstein (3,000) FP. Montblanc Heritage 1912 Resin FP. Montblanc Starwalker Resin: FP/BP/MP. Montblanc Traveller FP.

there is no silver mention, because the fp is not in silver

I've just come to the realization that I mixed the characteristics of the Einstein and Hitchcock pens. I read on the MB website that the Hitchcock has 952 sterling silver fittings, and the Einstein has a platinum-plated body. For some reason, I remembered that as the Einstein having a platinum-plated 925 sterling silver body. How typical of me :blush:

Thanks!

Edited by zfarrias1

Montblanc Albert Einstein 3000 FP, Montblanc 149, Montblanc Jonathan Swift FP, Delta Dolcevita Oro Oversize, Karas Kustoms Ink FP in brass, and too many Jinhaos to count

Hmm wired, my Hitchcock and Einstein etc has A Serialnumber, xxxx/3000.

Thats an issue number, not a serial number

In order to appreciate the sweet, you must truly taste the bitter....

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.png

Thats an issue number, not a serial number

Ok, for me it was always a Serial number because Montblanc knows that the pen with my number is exactly mine :)

Edited by mstrl

• 2 years later...

Apologies for bumping an old thread...

But i was looking at my Einstein the other day and noticed they do have a serial number as well as the issue number number X/3000..

Unscrew the the piston knob and the serial number will be engraved there :)

Edited by Nathanb

Apologies for bumping an old thread...

Perfect timing, this is my first login on FPN in a long while.

Actually I had noticed the serial number under the piston knob once over the course of the last two years :lol:

Coincidentally, my Einstein is currently in Hamburg undergoing maintenance on the piston (it was extremely tight). I sent it off around Thanksgiving; it seems to be taking quite a while. Has anybody else had this long of a turnaround on any of their LEs? I've yet to send in my Swift for any work so I really have no frame of reference for what would be a "normal" time frame.