E-Cig Case As Pen Carrier

andymcc

I'm not sure if anyone has posted something like this before but I was recently given an e-cig case by someone who thought I'd find a use for it...I did :D

The case is fairly hard on the outside and closes with a zip, on the inside there are a couple of elastic loops and a little net basket. The loops are a perfect size for 2 pens which means you can carry at least 4 pens or 6 at a squeeze. The cases can be picked up on ebay pretty cheaply and offer more than enough protection for carrying pens about, the case I have can comfortably hold a Lamy Safari AL with about 1/2 inch room above.

Outside:

post-93023-0-77232300-1386361157.jpg

Inside:

post-93023-0-34817500-1386361170_thumb.jpg

I think with some customisation these cases could be cheap but sturdy options for carrying pens.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• andymcc

• Wahl

• Bo Bo Olson

• ceac

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leather Cigar cases are good too. The leather is stiff enough that cigars were not destroyed so are good for pens too.

Can get new fancy ones too, there is a man in the US who makes them out of old fashioned alligator hide.

I'm sure he could make a different pen case too out of alligator.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Great idea ... but if I put my pens in my cigarette-case, then where do I put my cigarettes ... here ?

http://www.watwilikvandaag.nl/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/fags-570x377.jpg

I wish i had known this before... I just bought a hard plastic dart case and wanted to make a pen case out of it. I like your idea better. :)

Ken

I use a semi-hard, plastic, eyeglass case, from the dollar store. Wife says that I have no style. (This from one with poor taste in men.) Your idea provides a well-organized case. Excellent.

Auf freiem Grund mit freiem Volke stehn.
Zum Augenblicke dürft ich sagen:
Verweile doch, du bist so schön !

loudkenny: I've been using a darts case until recently too, an old hard leather one I picked up at a car boot sale, the e-cig case is a little chunkier but easier to adapt :)

Sasha Royale: I'd never thought of using a glasses case, I like the idea of a nondescript case for my pens that people won't look at twice :)

For anyone with to much time on their hands my current pen case that I keep in the house is a hollowed out hardback book with upholsterers foam inserts glued in, it holds 5 pens. There's loads of guides online about how to do it and they make great pen cases and if you buy old ornate books they look great lying around the house :)

I have leather cigar cases which I use for my Fp´s

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/clint_039/Plumas%20y%20relojes/Imagen003-2.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/clint_039/Plumas%20y%20relojes/Imagen008-1.jpg

Wahl, are cigar cases designed so that one end 'slides' over the other to cover the pens? From you pics it looks like they do, but I seem to recall that I have seen certain cases that were designed to stay open at the end or had a very flimsy covering,m which obviously wouldn't work too well for pens.

Wahl, are cigar cases designed so that one end 'slides' over the other to cover the pens? From you pics it looks like they do, but I seem to recall that I have seen certain cases that were designed to stay open at the end or had a very flimsy covering,m which obviously wouldn't work too well for pens.

Thought I'd jump in, being someone who has smoked more cigars than would ever be good for me. Yes, the cases such as shown in Wahl's photos typically slide together so that the top half overlaps the bottom half; this arrangement also allows the smoker to use the same case for cigars of varying lengths. My only issue with cases like this is that they usually don't fully separate adjacent 'tubes' like pen cases do and hence would not be great protection from adjacent pens rubbing/bumping together. For some pens that could result in damage to the finish.

Moshe ben David

"Behold, He who watches over Israel neither slumbers nor sleeps!"

As moshe has pointed, yes, they do overlap, and I see his concern that they don,t fully separate adjacent tubes, however, my pens are oversize, and I don´t see them rubbing together, It could be an issue with thinner pens.

Anyhow, my regular pen case is this old Visconti

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o68/clint_039/Plumas%20y%20relojes/Imagen006-4.jpg

Wahl: I really like the design of your Visconti case, the idea of using a pen tray in a case hadn't occurred to me, I'm thinking that I could buy a pen try and cut and shape it to fit all sorts of boxes & cases etc :)