• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jimhughes

• blackcat99

• The Good Captain

• cellmatrix

Haven't bought from there myself but they have been mentioned positively several times in FPN threads.

Verba volant, scripta manent

I've had a Moleskin cover from Fennercrafts, and, without exaggeration, it's one of the best purchases I've ever made. I use it daily day, and it's one of those things that looks and feels better withe the passage of time. Fenner Benedict himself is a pleasure to deal with - I'd recommend him wholeheartedly!

(No, affiliation, as they say - just a very satisfied customer)

G

• 1 month later...

I bought a pen roll from Fenner Crafts. I know you are looking for notebooks but the roll is exquisite. Soft, supple leather, beautifully made and currently holds 9 pens with room for more. Oh and it smells gorgeous too. Fenner is really helpful and postage was quick.

• 3 months later...

I'd like to put in another good word for Fenner Benedict. I ordered an A5 leather notebook cover, and I am very happy with it. He customized a few details for me, and he was able to execute my requests to come up with a product much better than I imagined. He even considered what kind of pen I will use with it, and he modified the pen sleeve accordingly.

Fenner is truly dedicated to his craft, and I will order from him without hesitation again.

I've ordered 2 notebooks, A Mollie Cover, a faux Midori, aka explorer Passport and a wallet from Fenner. Excellent service, in my hands in the USA in 7-8 days. I liked the mollie cover and wallet so much I went back a second time and got the Explorer. I liked them enough I recommended Fenner to a friend of mine who ordered 2 Pen rolls and a Comb Case, after looking at my first purchase of 2 items. Both of us feel this is world class materials, service and workmanship. You won't be sorry ordering from him.

Usual disclaimers apply, no affiliation, just a very satisfied client. I will order again. Jim

Shut up!!! All of you!!!!! Now I have to order another cover and case.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I just received this, a cover for the Hobonichi planner

I saw the cover the Good Captain had for his Moleskine, and then discussed an adaptation with Fenner

I cannot seem to post images now, but here are the links. (any help on this would be fantastic)

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/english_john/IMG_11412_zps5e54a371.jpg

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/english_john/IMG_11422_zps8061aed4.jpg

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/english_john/IMG_11432_zpsae285402.jpg

http://i827.photobucket.com/albums/zz194/english_john/IMG_11452_zpsd85985cd.jpg

My Moleskine cover is still going strong and actually improves the feel of the soft-cover notebook. Great stuff.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I bet Fenner's take on the Hobonichi planner cover is cheaper than the expensive ones, when available from Hobonichi . I'll have to look into that. Would be nice to replace the plastic cover I bought originally on their web site. Thanks , Jim

I have one of those Fenner crafts A5 midori style notebooks and it is amazing, worth every penny in my opinion. It fits four clairefontaine or rhodia side staple notebooks perfectly and its firm leather so you can write on it in your lap or standing. A pen can be clipped to the wrap around band on the side opening of the notebook and it stays in place very well - so no pen loop is needed as far as I am concerned.

Edit to add, Fenner does not seem to show the A5 model on his own website, but here are a couple of pictures of the one I got from his Etsy store:

il_570xN.540270534_9u9l.jpg

il_570xN.540270600_dnzr.jpg

il_570xN.540270652_o7s9.jpgil_570xN.540361519_n5i4.jpg

Edited by cellmatrix

Look on etsy.com for Fenner Crafts Complete line or his web site Fenner Crafts. the Etsy Listing shows an A5 faux Midori, Fenner calls it Explorer. Jim

Look on etsy.com for Fenner Crafts Complete line or his web site Fenner Crafts. the Etsy Listing shows an A5 faux Midori, Fenner calls it Explorer. Jim

Fenner's Etsy site was where I bought mine, and where I got pictures of my A5 notebook (because I was too lazy to take my own pictures :blush: )

But here is one of my own pictures showing how my parker 51 clips nicely to the band holding the notebook together (the notebook is medium brown, not quite so dark as the photo makes it appear):

post-57071-0-42642700-1398014209.jpg

Edited by cellmatrix

• 1 month later...

After tons of deliberation (pmsl) - have just purchased the Moleskine extra large explorer III - will post pictures when it arrives !! :)

Wow, those pen wraps look really nice. But they're way too pricy for me. :wallbash:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have one of those Fenner crafts A5 midori style notebooks and it is amazing, worth every penny in my opinion. It fits four clairefontaine or rhodia side staple notebooks perfectly and its firm leather so you can write on it in your lap or standing. A pen can be clipped to the wrap around band on the side opening of the notebook and it stays in place very well - so no pen loop is needed as far as I am concerned.

Edit to add, Fenner does not seem to show the A5 model on his own website, but here are a couple of pictures of the one I got from his Etsy store:

il_570xN.540270534_9u9l.jpg

il_570xN.540270600_dnzr.jpg

il_570xN.540270652_o7s9.jpgil_570xN.540361519_n5i4.jpg

I recently bought the Explorer II in the 9x14cm size and once again, I'm really impressed. I like the way he uses a continuous length of bungee cord which in effect means that up to four notebooks could be placed at the same time. No need to buy extra rubber bands, like the Midori.

The Good Captain

"Meddler's 'Salamander' - almost as good as the real thing!"

I recently received the new Explorer 3 notebook cover. I will do a full review in a few days but I agree with all of the above you could not deal with a better company or person. I am delighted with the cover and I am sure it will perform well for many years.