Biology

The terracota is at the top level along with the Savannah isn't it?

Unfortunately not, that is an early "hot red" safari.

I need a terracotta, plus a couple of others.

Still hunting :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gammada

• a m a r g o

• Namo

• christof

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

mad??? very very cool! haven't seen Lamy display cases before... looks like you're on track, except for the terra-c?

Thanks!

Yeah making some progress but still away to go... :)

Also new to this whole FP pen collecting, so welcome to the club. Lovely 2000 set you've got. Have any idea if the nib on your 2000 is as wide as that of the Safari's?

The 2000 series is the only one that doesn't shares nibs with the entire Lamy range.

Hi thanks for the compliments! I find the nib on the 2000 slightly narrower than the Safari but handwriting feel and usage, the 2000 is superior.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

Hi thanks for the compliments! I find the nib on the 2000 slightly narrower than the Safari but handwriting feel and usage, the 2000 is superior.

It better be considering the price difference!

It better be considering the price difference!

That's true though. Still prefer the 2000 for its simplistic design and holding it in your hand feels great too. Got the Parker Quink (black) for it and the piston filling is a breeze to operate.

Lamy 2000 FP, PP, BP, MFP & RB. Mont Blanc Meisterstück 161 Le Grand Platinum BP & Heritage 1912 FP.

That's true though. Still prefer the 2000 for its simplistic design and holding it in your hand feels great too. Got the Parker Quink (black) for it and the piston filling is a breeze to operate.

Yeah, I've read elsewhere on this site that the Makrolon resin that conforms the 2000's body has a texture that wears over time with continuos use, so I can imagine the great feel the pen must have.

As for the Parker Quink black ink, I dislike the way it kind of fades when dry, so I tend to combine that ink with Waterman Tender Purple to get a dark grape-like color that is better suited to my tastes. Do you like Quink's brownish-yellowish tone?

Yeah, I've read elsewhere on this site that the Makrolon resin that conforms the 2000's body has a texture that wears over time with continuos use, so I can imagine the great feel the pen must have.

As for the Parker Quink black ink, I dislike the way it kind of fades when dry, so I tend to combine that ink with Waterman Tender Purple to get a dark grape-like color that is better suited to my tastes. Do you like Quink's brownish-yellowish tone?

Yes now all three of my 2000s are getting that faded Makrolon look and it's truly well-used, but eventually will fade more over time. Not really a fan of brown and yellow but I feel the Quink's dry up look is pretty acceptable depending on type of paper it's written on but definitely not on carbon papers or thinner papers as it tends to 'feather' upon contact due to its less viscous nature. I did considered Noodler's X-feather but it's not sold locally here and ordering via online carries a hefty shipping fee.

• 3 weeks later...

Started with a Safari in the 90's but only started collecting them (barring the Scribbles and Swift) very recently.

post-15690-0-78705900-1412389212_thumb.jpg

Edited by RHFB

Started with a Safari in the 90's but only started collecting them (barring the Scribbles and Swift) very recently.

Nice!

Those black Scribble's are the 3.15mm version? I would do nasty things for a black Scribble 0.7mm mechanical pencil.

:D

Love that Rubyred, Pearl and Black Purple Al-Stars! Nice collection, btw

Coppilcus: Thanks. Both Scribbles happen to be 3.15 mm clutch pencils, so you wont have to do nasty things....yet. ;)

Gammada: Thanks. A couple of weeks back the Ruby Red and Silver Blue Al-Stars popped up on an Indian site at prices lower than usual retail prices. The Pearl also happened to be bought at a sale. I'd love to get my mitts on the others - the Coffee Brown in particular, at sensible prices.

Gammada: Thanks. A couple of weeks back the Ruby Red and Silver Blue Al-Stars popped up on an Indian site at prices lower than usual retail prices. The Pearl also happened to be bought at a sale. I'd love to get my mitts on the others - the Coffee Brown in particular, at sensible prices.

Wow, you're a lucky guy!

I'm also looking to buy the Coffee brown. I met a guy who owns it, but really has no clue as to what kind of pen it is. He thinks he got hold of a Safari pen!

Next time we meet, I plan to offer a Matte Black Al-Star in exchange for the Coffee one... Wish me luck!

On the other hand, just yesterday I happen to score a great buy on the classifieds here, I bought a Safari Flame, a Safari Red with Black Clip and a Safari Yellow with Black Clip for $180. A lovely addition to my collection.

So, what is your favorite pen? Mine is the Matte Black Al-Star.

Gammada: yes it is, I still have to replace my Al-Star natural aluminium lost a few years back and that's about it with my Lamy collection, I don't like the color ones, nor the safarys or the Al-star's, neither the chrome clips...

... I'm going to turn the White safari and vista into frankenpens, but still waiting on a very low price to buy a few charcoal safarys and exchange clip and nibs between them.

RHFB: ... the only color Al-Star that I would consider buying is the coffee brown! I've searched a while now for a Black Scribble 0.7mm but they're gone for good, sadly.

Wow, you're a lucky guy!

I'm also looking to buy the Coffee brown. I met a guy who owns it, but really has no clue as to what kind of pen it is. He thinks he got hold of a Safari pen!

Next time we meet, I plan to offer a Matte Black Al-Star in exchange for the Coffee one... Wish me luck!

On the other hand, just yesterday I happen to score a great buy on the classifieds here, I bought a Safari Flame, a Safari Red with Black Clip and a Safari Yellow with Black Clip for $180. A lovely addition to my collection.

That's 60$/pen... Safaris' prices are really going up!

amonjak.com

post-21880-0-68964400-1403173058.jpg

free 70 pages graphic novel. Enjoy!

That's 60$/pen... Safaris' prices are really going up!

Indeed! Just check on eBay for limited editions, many of which retail for more than $200 per pen or in the case of the original colors (savannah green and terracota) well past the $1,000 range!

Gammada:

... I'm going to turn the White safari and vista into frankenpens, but still waiting on a very low price to buy a few charcoal safarys and exchange clip and nibs between them.

RHFB: ... the only color Al-Star that I would consider buying is the coffee brown! I've searched a while now for a Black Scribble 0.7mm but they're gone for good, sadly.

Do you know how to disassemble the cap? Seen many instructions for doing so around, but I worry about damaging the pens in the process.

How long since the Scribble went discontinued?

Colour wise, the black and graphite coloured Al-Stars and the charcoal Safari.