How Do You Carry Your Fountain Pen?

GMYoussef

They're made by a company called quiver! Here's the page for the two pen quiver http://www.quiverglobal.com/double-pen-quiver-for-large-notebooks/

on their website they even have a section listing all the retailers that sell their products. Hope that helps!

Great link, thanks. To the OP's question, I have a 3 pen case which goes to work in my computer bag, keeps me company at my desk and travels with me to meetings, gripped with my notebook or laptop. Usually one of the pens in shirt pocket or clipped to placket if no pocket.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." - Sir Winston Churchill

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/carrieh/l.png

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GMYoussef

• marcelo

• bernardo

• OcalaFlGuy

Franklin-Christoph makes a pen slot: http://www.franklin-christoph.com/neck-loop-pen-slot.html

I bought one at the Ohio Pen Show two weeks ago. Thought I would feel like a complete nerd, but I was complimented on it by my fellow chairs this morning. Further, i walked out of the office to head home, not realizing until I was halfway down the block that I was still wearing the thing. In fact, I am still wearing it, but I will take it off before going to bed.

I have a five pen leather roll that travels with me a lot. I also have a single pen pouch that I keep in my purse, usually holding a RB. I have another single pen pouch that holds one of my treasured FPs.

In short, it is rare to find me without at least one pen, RB or FP; it is more likely that I have several at any one time (and no, I don't share).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Shirt, Suit or otherwise pocket..that is so I know where they are, and less liable to be mislaid.

I do not buy shirts without pockets -- Shirt pockets are for pens -- pants pockets are for keys and wallets --- basics

I'll often clip a pen to the neck of my t-shirt if I'm not wearing a shirt (all of my shirts have pockets), so the pen hangs inside the t-shirt.

I generally have a small rucksack with me though, so I'll have a few pens in a pen roll in that (as I take regular painkillers, so have those on me all the time)

Instagram @inkysloth

I have a Nomadic five slot pen wrap I bought a few years ago at jetpens. I use it for the rotation of pens in current use, and keep it in my briefcase except when it's on my desk. When I bring a pen to a meeting at work, I will clip it into my shirt pocket.

In my self-designed pen case;

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/mmmcosta/Watches/PenCase_zps27acfdc3.jpg

With its unmistakable pocket for a spare cartridge. B)

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii33/mmmcosta/Watches/PenCase_zps27acfdc3.jpg

Wow, that's really neat!

I wear shirts with pockets a minimum of 5 days a week. Sometimes 7. Polo shirts gets clipped on the placket if it is a shirt without pocket. T shirts on the collar mostly.

Brad

"Words are, of course, the most powerful drug used by mankind" - Rudyard Kipling
"None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try." - Mark Twain

I wear shirts with pockets a minimum of 5 days a week. Sometimes 7. Polo shirts gets clipped on the placket if it is a shirt without pocket. T shirts on the collar mostly.

Several people have mentioned clipping it to the collar of your tshirt. I had no idea this was a thing, I find it interesting. Do you keep the pen inside your shirt with only the clip showing? Isn't that uncomfortable in any way? It just doesn't seem very secure to me since there's nothing preventing the pen from hitting the ground were it to get unclipped, but I've never tried it so i may be wrong.

Several people have mentioned clipping it to the collar of your tshirt. I had no idea this was a thing, I find it interesting. Do you keep the pen inside your shirt with only the clip showing? Isn't that uncomfortable in any way? It just doesn't seem very secure to me since there's nothing preventing the pen from hitting the ground were it to get unclipped, but I've never tried it so i may be wrong.

Wow, that's cool! Is it leather?

You should sell these...

I have a pen case with 3 or 4 pens of various colours in individual cloth pen protectors to stop them knocking against one another... along with a mini altoids tin that has my USB drives in it. When I'm in the lab (90% of the day) they're clipped in my labcoat pocket. I have a spiffy collection of pocket protectors too. Some years ago I completely gave up any residual urge to be one of the cool kids and just decided to let my geek flag fly.

(high points of my pocket protector collection: one with the citric acid cycle, given to me by a drug rep, one with a dalek on it, and my fave, one with the Star Fleet science officer's insignia on it :wub: )

My Lamy 2000 is always with me in my vest pocket. The 2 workhorses of the week travel inside a leather pen pouch in my messenger bag. Sometimes a Kaweco Ice Sport is in my jeans pocket. I made this one into an eye dropper, hasn't leaked its first drop of ink yet.

Wow, that's cool! Is it leather?

You should sell these...

Yes, Bernardo. It is. B)

About selling, I need an investor. :D

You could move to England: we have about three weeks a year of summer, the rest of the time we wear shirts (with pockets), with sweaters, fleeces (often with pockets), and jackets (with pockets). And more when we go outside - problem solved.

I'd LOVE to! I also could wear a suit with a waistcoat where I'd carry my grandfather's pocket watch, not to mention the weather.

I'm absolutely tired of the 12 months of hot weather here - 9:50 PM and 28oC now. :crybaby:

Edited by marcelo

I have a 2-pen leather case from Parker, and a 2-pen cardboard/paper case someone at a pen club meeting had gotten a bunch of and was handing out. They each live in one of the outer pockets of my purse (which turned out, conveniently, to be just the right size for those cases, with a little bit of room on either side for other pens to fit (particularly longer ones that don't fit in the cases well, like the Rotring ArtPen.

I also have one of the 3-pen leather cases that Fountain Pen Hospital was selling last winter for $20 US, but I try to keep uninked pens in that unless I'm pretty sure I can carry the case upright (such as in my knitting basket). And for storage purposes of pens not in rotation I have a couple of 24 pen cases that I picked up at Rockler.

I do occasionally carry pens in a front pants pocket, but only when walking around inside my house. And I have sometimes, if I only have one or two pens with me, clip them to my collar opening, like some people have said they did -- or to a strap if I'm wearing a sundress (but never the Parkers -- the Arrow clip is too hard to unhook from things).

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

I have a three-pen Pelikan case I use to carry my pens for work each day. I like having three pens with me so I can have one pen for blue, blue, black, and black. I put that case in the front-zipper compartment of my slim laptop bag to and from work. When I get into the office the case goes into my top desk drawer and one pen from the case goes into my inside breast pocket of my jacket. I would never just chuck a loose pen into a bag to let it scrape up against who knows what.