Apica Notebook Cover Colours

Sardine

Hi

I've found Taylorsintherockies on ebay, and there is what looks like a good deal on Apica notebooks.

Its hard to find information about Apica, but I have seen the cover colours indicate the ruling?

The CD15 package is "Assorted colors (2 sky blue, 2 light blue, 2 sage green, 2 linen, 2 sand and 2 brick red)"

Can anyone advise about the rulings?

Many thanks!

Waterman Expert II-L, Pelikan M1000-B in black

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sardine

• inkypete

• Minty

• FountainPenCowgirl

Top Posters In This Topic

The ruling is not determined by cover colour. The colour varies so a ruled CD15 light blue is the same as a CD15 sand etc etc. Colour cover is simply cover colour.

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/7260/postminipo0.png

I ordered 3 times from the seller you mentioned & they sent the wrong order twice. Cost me money & aggravation. I use one Apica notebook per week, sometimes more. Have been doing this for years. I find the Goulet site 100% accurate. They all have the same lines, cover color does not indicate anything about the lines.

I read once that a black cover was plain, a blue was ruled, and a (red?) was a grid?

Waterman Expert II-L, Pelikan M1000-B in black

Their larger (=more pages) notebooks, yes. These smaller books have different color covers. I think I've seen the larger books at Jet Pens and/or Goulet. I have a few of the thinner books, where cover color means nothing. Can't remember which of the two retailers I used when I got them. Probably Goulet.

Edited by FountainPenCowgirl

I think the only time the color comes into play is with the premium CD notepads. Black is blank, blue is lines and red is grid. For the standard CD i think it's anything goes.

Some people see things that are and ask, Why? Some people dream of things that never were and ask, Why not? Some people have to go to work and don't have time for all that.
-George Carlin
http://i729.photobucket.com/albums/ww296/messiah_FPN/Badges/SnailBadge.pngfpn_1327044342__postcard_pic_exchange.jp

The cover color indicating blank, lined or grid only applies the Apica Premium CD series. The inknouveau link you attached is for the Premium CD series.

The info you are asking about applies to the CD Series, i.e. CD-15.

In the Apica CD Series (not Premium CD series) the color cover does not indicate anything about grid, lined or blank. In fact, as far as I can remember and find online, The Apica CD Series is only lined paper. If I'm wrong, someone will provide correct information soon.

In the regular CD Series, CD-15 indicates the size of the paper, not necessarily the number of pages. Number of pages will vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Apica also has CD-5, CD-7, CD-10 and CD-11. These are all different sized paper, with different number of pages in each size. For Apica check out this link, it gives you the four options for Apica series. Choose a series and you will get more information on that series. I chose Goulet's website because it is easy to navigate and provides all the information you are looking for.

I'm not affiliated with Goulet, just like their website and service.

"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special."-Jim Valvano

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem."-Ronald Reagan

Have ordered several times from Taylorsintherockies on ebay and received great communication and service. Apica paper is very nice. I use for all kinds of classes, notes and journal type writings. Since I buy in bulk, AKA hoarding, have not bought the Premium line. If there is a blank notebook that might be nice for some pen and ink line drawings.

Have been well pleased with purchases from Taylorsintherockies, I get the jumbo packs, and from Goulet for ink and pens. Have not bought Apica from Goulet.

Amazon has a good selection of these notebooks which would make a great reference for you to

judge which of these styles and sizes you want to order from whoever.

Don

Letter writing is the only device for combining

solitude with good company.