Twsbi Diamond 580 Black Rosegold Fountain Pen

amberleadavis

Keep in mind, the Vac mini is closer in size to the 580. It's mini compared to the Vac700, but will still be bigger than the regular mini.

Thanks, I will indeed take a close look at the size!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Drone

• amberleadavis

• Sham69

• OakIris

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I received a reply from Brian Goulet regarding TWSBI-580 Rose Gold nib options. Brian agreed to allow me to share his reply here. Note, this is the situation as of Brian's reply date. Obviously there is the possibility of change in the future.

25 Nov. 2013 at 20:48 UTC

David,

Unfortunately, TWSBI won't be offering their rose gold nibs apart from their pens, and they also won't be making the rose gold pens with stub nibs, as I'm aware. More bad news...my nibs won't fit them, they're a different size. The TWSBI nibs are #5 and mine are larger #6. Now, you could use an Edison #5 nib, that would fit. You'll have to pull the nib out of the housing and swap it with the TWSBI nib, but that's a pretty straightforward deal. As far as the color...it's not going to be an exact match. The two-tone nib is a distinctly different color than the rose gold, but it's the closest you're going to find regularly available.

Write On,
Brian Goulet
The Goulet Pen Company, LLC

I've been using this pen, Fine nib, for two weeks now. It was a little reluctant to get started the first day but is now flawless and reliable. Love the look! My own blend of Iroshizuku and J Herbin flows perfectly.

~April

One ought, every day at least, to hear a little song, read a good poem,

see a fine picture, and, if it were possible, to speak a few reasonable words.

~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

okay my rose gold cap clip is discolouring and getting spots on it..............

what the hell do i do i have only filled the thing twice and hardly used it..

defective nib... now this

okay my rose gold cap clip is discolouring and getting spots on it..............

Back to where you bought it, for a full refund.

Verba volant, scripta manent

Bummer. Seems like the same old TWSBI - luck of the draw.

Lightly take a jewelers cloth (e.g., sunshine cloth) to the clip and see if it cleans up

I've had my new TWSBI 580RG M-nib in daily rotation two weeks now; second fill. Diamine Bilberry first then Mont Blanc Carlos Collodi SE. No problems mechanically, no discoloring or pitting. No major problems functionally. I do find an occasional hard start when stop-start writing on papers that demand high flow - like doing a crossword on newsprint. A minor complaint - ignore it.

Edited by Drone

• 1 month later...

Really hoping they'll introduce a stub nib on this pen ... Anyone got any more info?

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

Really hoping they'll introduce a stub nib on this pen ... Anyone got any more info?

See my two prior posts regarding nib options for the TWSBI 580 Rose Gold here in this thread:

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/255489-twsbi-diamond-580-black-rosegold-fountain-pen/page-2?do=findComment&comment=2833591

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/255489-twsbi-diamond-580-black-rosegold-fountain-pen/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2837517

That's all the information I have on the subject of 580RG nibs. If anyone has any corrections or updates, please chime in.

Regards, David

Many thanks, David - had seen those posts but wondered if anyone had new intelligence ....

I've e-mailed TWSBI in the hope that a little buyer demand might make them rethink!

Best wishes, Sue

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

I have a 580 from Christmas. I had little time to try it out and have since managed to use it more. I actually don't like the grip section it feels narrow and short versus the 540 and the Vac 700. I prefer the mini even to this pen. It has a classy look though. I think I am all done purchasing TWSBI and will buy another if BSB clogs up my mini or 540.....happy to report that Baystate Blue from Noodlers is my only ink for these TWSBI pens and I love the ink....so far plus 2 years of use and no issues after the odd ink and bleach flushes.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Heard back from TWSBI - no plans for a 1.1 stub on the black and rose gold ....

So had to settle for a medium.

Why a medium and not a broad?

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

I'm going to buy a 580 Rose Gold from Goulet's! Should I get a XF (in stock) or wait for the F(out of stock)? Is XF scratchy? I like crisp fine wet lines, that are smooth.

Kevin

Why a medium and not a broad?

Good question! Because I don't like straight broad nibs that much. Stubs are my favourite, 0.9 my preferred max, but after that a medium generally suits me well enough. Of course individual nibs disprove this - am currently smitten by a fine Pilot 95 Justus, really lovely nib.

Good question! Because I don't like straight broad nibs that much. Stubs are my favourite, 0.9 my preferred max, but after that a medium generally suits me well enough. Of course individual nibs disprove this - am currently smitten by a fine Pilot 95 Justus, really lovely nib.

Good to know! I love the Broad nibs.

Fountain pens are my preferred COLOR DELIVERY SYSTEM (in part because crayons melt in Las Vegas).

Create a Ghostly Avatar and I'll send you a letter. Check out some Ink comparisons: The Great PPS Comparison 

Don't know where to start?  Look at the Inky Topics O'day.  Then, see inks sorted by color: Blue Purple Brown Red Green Dark Green Orange Black Pinks Yellows Blue-Blacks Grey/Gray UVInks Turquoise/Teal MURKY

Good to know! I love the Broad nibs.

Well, having just got my medium black and rose gold, I may be tempted to go broad for the white and rose gold when it is released ....

Just in case Martin is around - is The Writing Desk planning to stock it?

How are the nibs conpared with western nibs? I.e. is the twsbi fine like a western ef? Or finer?

-Stefan

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/SnailBadge.png

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk245/WIKKID85/me/pen%20stuff/unnamed.jpg

I really like rose gold and this is pen is very nice. Is the nib stainless steel or 14kt gold. Also is it possible to buy directly off TWSBI