Classifieds is broken, please do not submit any new ads ×

New M200 And A Little Leak

kjelderg

I just purchased a new Pelikan m200 pen from Amazon. My only previous experience with fountain pens has been with the Lamy Safari and some cheap Sheaffers. This pen is gorgeous and writes very smoothly, but I am having a problem. The pen is messy.

In particular, it is leaking around the breather hole and slit. This seems to happen any time I lay the pen down or even if I hold it in my hand not writing for some minutes. Is this a common problem with an easy solution? Is this expected behaviour?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hooker56

• kjelderg

• c4bb0ose

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Kj,

Caboose is right. The thread below explains nib creep in more depth. I have several vintage M250's and have never experienced nib creep. I've only seen it on newer pens using Noodlers ink. That's just one more reason I use Aurora Black and several Pelikan inks.

https://www.fountainpennetwork.com/forum/index.php/topic/72543-what-is-nib-creep-please/

Yes, your new M200 is a nice pen! Enjoy and good luck!

Clayton

"Not a Hooker Hooker, but rather a left-handed overwriter."

Thank you for your input. It is nice to know that "nib creep" is a known and relatively common phenomenon. I had also sent a message to Pelikan support and it is their stance that this should not be happening. They sent me a link for a replacement nib.