Sheaffer Centennial Limited Edition

graveoflowers

Hey there!

I'm new to this site, but I wanted some people's opinion on the Sheaffer Centennial Limited Edition SS Fountain Pen and the Heritage Limited Edition Pen. I've never bought a fountain pen in my life, and I do plan to when I save up enough, but for now I'm just observing and looking around. I tried looking for comments on these and found very limited resources. I just want to understand whether or not these prices seem too high, too low, the opinion of aesthetics, the value of it, or just any commentary you have on it in general. I personally find the Centennial one more aesthetically pleasing although in my opinion the price is relatively high. I would love to hear comments and just information in general!

Many Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• graveoflowers

• jar

• barleycorn

• jeremiahk

Hi. Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell. I'm not sure what the Sheaffer Heritage Limited Edition Pen is so can't offer any help there. The Centennial pen is a fairly small edition and the price is not terribly out of line with other Legacy model based limited editions.

Since you have never bought a fountain pen in your life and you say you have to save up for it anyway, wouldn't it be more reasonable to buy one of the other Legacy series pens to see if you will like using them first?

My Website

Hi, and thanks for the welcome and speedy reply! I'm not really looking to buy the Centennial pen, haha, I'm a college student who can't afford that right now for sure! I'm just looking around, and seeing that I do like that pen's look a lot, I'm just wondering in the future when I may come back to this pen whether or not it would increase in price :/ And I just like digging information out on things I like... but currently cannot afford. What attracts me to this fountain pen is that I think it would be very fitting to an image of an architect (which is my major.)

I have looked at its other pens, and in my opinion, I think they are relatively cheaper than the other company's, such as Mont Blanc, and still pleasing to the eye.

To get an idea of price and availability do some research on the Sheaffer Roaring Twenties Legacy.

I happen to like the Legacy series fountain pens and have several, but I also enjoy pens from Montblanc, Montegrappa and many other companies.

My Website

If you are looking to get started with a reasonably priced pen, check out this listing from Peyton St.

http://www.peytonstreetpens.com/sheaffer-no-nonsense-vintage-models-with-gold-plated-trim-nib.html

The blue marble is a really attractive pen and the gold plate nibs write very smoothly. It will take a squeeze style convertor or Sheaffer cartridges which are available in many colours.

I have a Lamy Safari, few other fountain pens and 2 Sheaffer 300s. The Sheaffer 300 has a smooth nib and is very robust and reliable. You can also check out the Sheaffer 100 which is more cheaper but has the same nib. I use my Sheaffer for college everyday. No idea why but I love Sheaffer pens.

Edited by jeremiahk

Jeremiah