Making A Pen Case

my63

Well, I'm following your good example - local town hall has asked me to run up as many masks as I can. They give me the ready cut material and elastic (elastic is to France what bog roll is to the UK) and I just get through a lot of sewing machine needles :-)

25 done yesterday, and I've sent my other half to pick up another 50 sets to do. Very small compared to your production though.

What a nice piece on your team in Northumbria! God bless!

Too many pens, too little time!

http://fountainpenlove.blogspot.fr/

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my63

• Anne-Sophie

• kiavonne

• Tinjapan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah masks they are my next target, if target is the correct word. I think making a mask is fairly straight forward finding the correct material to act as a filter medium. Spun bounded polyester is the ideal filter material. If you are going that way of course if you are just making masks that is ok to.

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

I thought I would share some final pictures with you of the last 2 projects.

This is the single emperor pen case

49818906221_8634d21e71_z.jpg2020-04-25_10-20-24 by my0771, on Flickr

This is the 2 pen Emperor desk case.

49818907401_a6692595a0_z.jpg2020-04-25_10-20-42 by my0771, on Flickr

I am 25 days into my NHS project and am really missing making things with my own hands so I have decided to try and make one case per month.

My63,

Im so sorry to here about your loss. I hope that all will go well these next few weeks and that perhaps the sweet memories of her life will give you joy.

Blessings...

David

I am not ready to resume full pen case production although I am no longer working on the scrubs and gowns production a professional team are now running that as it reaches full capacity, the numbers are huge.

I have been asked to stay on to assist with other projects

As I had the weekend off I decided to make a start on some pen cases this is a two pen case for an Emperor and a Danitrio Genkai

49851454048_f970d62155_z.jpg2020-05-03_10-03-48 by my0771, on Flickr

I have just wrapped them in suede.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Michael,

I am so sorry for your loss and applaud your dedication to producing PPE for front line medical personnel.

I apologize for not checking your posts during that most peculiar time, living in the U.S, makes it exponentially stressful because we have the most cases, worldwide.

Your latest pen cases are gorgeous, your craftsmanship first class, as usual.

Thank you so very much for sharing the picture of the suede inside its mold, I always wondered how it works

The desk case is a really nice addition to your already impressive line of pen related custom accessories.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Thanks Anne-Sophie It has been a difficult time.

My world is full of masks at the moment not as straightforward as you may think, Anyway I have managed to find the odd hour here and there.

The two pen case had the tubes wrapped in suede and outer covers made.

49888373617_958b61fcf7_z.jpg2020-05-12_09-47-32 by my0771, on Flickr

After forming the covers I applied the dye.

49888068346_cc3429d608_z.jpg2020-05-12_09-49-04 by my0771, on Flickr

Next bringing the pieces together.

49888381052_e9d3f5f9da_z.jpg2020-05-12_09-49-50 by my0771, on Flickr

Finally adding some stitching and you have a finished case.

49900195598_a26b576e9f_z.jpg2020-05-16_11-12-46 by my0771, on Flickr

I have also made a new three pen case mould.

49888072371_6944f704bc_z.jpg2020-05-12_09-50-19 by my0771, on Flickr

The first pressing came out so well I decided to make the case. So unusually for me this case is for sale !

Here are the three pen tubes ready for their suede liner it could be black ,red or any colour selected by the buyer.

49900203183_07ca8b3622_z.jpg2020-05-16_11-16-30 by my0771, on Flickr

And just in case you thought I was slacking during lock down I have also started restoring a Pendragon briefcase.

49888074791_c98d529910_z.jpg2020-05-12_09-51-01 by my0771, on Flickr

Edited by my63

Every item you make or restore is always gorgeous.

When I see those vintage briefcases parts, I am always amazed that you can not only put them back together but replace the parts that need to, then come up with a vintage updated briefcase that would look perfect in a contemporary period film and can be used with today's technology and pens.

Thank you for sharing your art and also your helping endeavors.

Many good thoughts to you, your family, town and country and virtual treats to the canine contingent!

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Thanks Anne-Sophie

I am going to make some cases soon in the mean time her is a quick box project.

49955734523_dcbbc53911_h.jpg2020-05-31_04-42-38 by my0771, on Flickr

To make it special I added some initials in a monogram form cut from card.

49956214641_1fa8aaeac3_h.jpg2020-05-31_04-37-29 by my0771, on Flickr

I glued some thin black leather over the top of the initials and continued that around the edges.

49956503567_029e68c2d4_h.jpg2020-05-31_04-38-00 by my0771, on Flickr

Suede glued to card and the card was fixed to the inside of the box.

49955722768_8f98c04e69_h.jpg2020-05-31_04-39-52 by my0771, on Flickr

49956217076_7df4b673dd_h.jpg2020-05-31_04-38-19 by my0771, on Flickr

Box finished.

The box is really beautiful!

The embossing/debossing technique is gorgeous! I remember when you shared one of your first project cutting out a NASA logo and another one had a flower.

You are so talented and helpful to your community which in turn is helpful worldwide.

Thank you so much for sharing!

Sorry I forgot there was a coaster.

49956866847_e2f1853db6_h.jpg2020-05-31_06-22-34 by my0771, on Flickr

The lid is embossed the coaster is debossed.

Quite a lovely end product! Thank you for sharing.

Did you use the same card material to do the debossing of the coaster that you used for the embossing on the top of the box?

Thanks Anne-Sophie, N1003U this box was something new to me I used a thin leather to wrap the box,the lid was done in one piece outside and inside.

I used a piece of 3 mm mdf as the template, I then stamped it into a piece of leather for the coaster which was then wrapped in leather, and also used it to cut the card for the lid which was glued in place before being covered in leather.

I am planning on doing a full write up when time permits and I know many have been wanting me to have a website for a long time well it is almost ready. This link should take you there if you want to see where we are, It has been made by my daughter I am very proud of her.

The website is off to a great start, my63. I look forward to seeing more as it develops.

Beautiful website!

Thanks we appreciate the feedback I will start to use it when time allows.

This is my next project.

49981020348_9b871be7c4_h.jpg2020-06-07_07-18-31 by my0771, on Flickr

No I am not going into mass production, this is one order 1 four pen case and 2 two pen cases two of them need to be the same colour so it makes sense to make them together.

• Jun 13, 2016,
        • you made a Custom Arc cover
    • Custom Arc cover

I have never seen it, and you describe the process wonderfully.

Fellow FPN member check the website for that, new to me, way of making a run of the mill Arc notebook, look classy.

On your website, I was so busy looking at the pictures, that I forgot to read the titles.

There is a spelling problem in the title below and the More pop up is clear thus difficult to read on top of an existing post.

Anne-Sophie

I am not sure what the first part means I did make a cover for a small Arc folder my daughter still has it.

I have tried to rectify the spelling mistake but it was imported form my original blog I have tried to remove it. My daughter has tried to find the more drop down without a background colour was it on the mobile version.

Thanks

Michael