• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• my63

• Anne-Sophie

• kiavonne

• Tinjapan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sure! The name is in the middle. Not a big name pen but a very nice one. The price was just a little over ¥10,000, if I remember correctly. Am trying to track down the receipt for my records. Any way, it is hand made. I have a little more info but not yet in digital form. More later. Anyway, it's good talking with you again.

fpn_1406634762__image.jpg

I think I really need one of those do they have a website I am not even going to try and pronounce the name.

It is good to hear from you too I am so pleased to see the cases I have made being used my pen is getting regular use as well.

Michael

For more details on my current projects please visit my blog.

https://my63leather.wixsite.com/my63

Michael, if you're interested in handmade wooden pens, you might like manojd's (fellow FPNer) work. Check it out here. There are also some threads on the forums, but those I would have to go looking for... you could search on his profile and find them for yourself. I bought two!

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I think I really need one of those do they have a website I am not even going to try and pronounce the name.

It is good to hear from you too I am so pleased to see the cases I have made being used my pen is getting regular use as well.

Michael

They have a web address but it is a funky one that my server can't access, not an uncommon problem. I have found them for sale online. Will try to send you the link but it may be a few days. Please remind me if I don't get it to you after a while.

Glad to hear your 刀 is working out for you.

Michael, if you're interested in handmade wooden pens, you might like manojd's (fellow FPNer) work. Check it out here. There are also some threads on the forums, but those I would have to go looking for... you could search on his profile and find them for yourself. I bought two!

I'll be looking too!

Thanks.

I really like the Islander pen I wonder which Island inhabitant he named that for ;) that is supposed to be a wink btw.

I have three Japanese pens now and another will be here soon but I do like the ebony and rosewood Fosfor Islander pens the workmanship is outstanding.

I will just have to sell more cases.

Thanks

Michael

I know the one Japanese pen you have, what are the other three?

I too really like the Islander. Sharp looking.

He does very good work and is a pleasure to work with; otherwise I have no affiliation...

And the pens are a joy to look at And to write with.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

I know the one Japanese pen you have, what are the other three?

I too really like the Islander. Sharp looking.

I got a little ahead of myself the other two are on their way I will share pictures when they arrive.

14778754202_cf9921508c_z.jpgIMG_8151_1 by my0771, on Flickr

It is really difficult to get a good picture here is my best attempt

14778735142_cfc6a419c4_z.jpgIMG_8141 by my0771, on Flickr

It is a Danitrio but you probably knew that I am still in the process of making a case for it.

Edited by my63

The round pen case is progressing nicely now I have focused on the upper section I sewed one of the rings yesterday and then realised I had sewn it without the false bottom in it and had to undo it all

Of the four rings of stitching on the upper section only one actually does anything it is the second from the bottom

14780334466_5698a5243a_z.jpgIMG_8175_1 by my0771, on Flickr

In this picture you can see the false bottom in position this compartment will hold small ink bottles and spare nibs

Thanks for looking

Michael

Edited by my63

Hi Michael, i have really enjoyed reading through your Mydori and pen case threads. i hope you like this doodle-idea!post-115139-0-57832400-1407030995_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fox Point

Cheers Kate, especially if you mean the case doodles - the leaves are the notebook, the 64 Leaves Journal which I adore. It has great paper for fp's.

Fox Point

Life is funny sometimes welcome fox point the commissioner of this quiver (we will call her T) and I discussed many options before deciding on a quiver, and one of those was a wrap made from leather with kydex tubes inside, I even considered individual flaps but not with studs as they would cause problems when the case is rolled up. They were just flaps made from suede as would be the rest of the inside.

8227005929_3f9c040951_z.jpg

IMG_2954_1 by my0771, on Flickr

Here is a wrap I made some time ago.

Your drawings are fantastic and I am honoured that you have taken inspiration from my humble offerings if you wish to make the case yourself I will help you in anyway I can just ask.

Of course I would be willing to make it for you if you wished.

Your idea would work as I made a mock up with 5 tubes the only drawback in the case for T was the pens were oblique pens and the tubes would have been an inch in diameter making the finished wrap huge,

My intention has always been to inspire others above all else which is why I have shared so much detail with the exception of things that might be dangerous,

Fox Point your post and drawings have made my day.

Thanks

Michael

I forgot to mention I have changed the design of the lid to have a button on the top with the initial T on it it is really to help with the transition of the straps on top of the lid section which you can also see in this picture.

14625909080_55faafa601_z.jpg

IMG_8185_1 by my0771, on Flickr

It will also help with identification should it be put down next to someone else's custom pen quiver. :)

Straps fasteners handle edges there is not really that much left to do.