Does This Nib Look Normal?

gshillitani

I am having a hard time with this Konrad and the nib looks different to me than the nibs on the other Noodler's pens I have. Here is the best shot I could get of it... opinions? (the picture will get bigger if you click on it)

noodlersnib1.jpg

Edited by gshillitani

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• gshillitani

• AndrewC

• doggonecarl

• Pterodactylus

Top Posters In This Topic

No. Nib looks like it was dropped on its head, curling the tips under. And the tines are obviously misaligned. If this was purchased like this, return or get a refund. You might also be able to purchase another nib from Goulet or ISellPens. I imagine trying to write with that nib could present challenges.

Some people say they march to a different drummer. Me? I hear bagpipes.

Yes seems to be bended. :(

Did you received it this way or e.g. fall it down (uncapped)?

If you bought it in this condition, give it back.

If you want to fix it yourself I fear you have to use pliers to bend it back in place (straighten it) , which is not really easy if you are not used to it.....

Looks bent to me too!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

The Konrad's cap threads are cut too far up inside the cap; the nib can hit the inside of the top button when the cap is screwed down too far, and be bent in just the way yours is. It's hard to see what's happening unless your pen is a demonstrator, but Stephen Brown (StephenBrown) has mentioned this as well.

Mike Hungerford

Model Zips - Google Drive

The Konrad's cap threads are cut too far up inside the cap; the nib can hit the inside of the top button when the cap is screwed down too far, and be bent in just the way yours is. It's hard to see what's happening unless your pen is a demonstrator, but Stephen Brown (StephenBrown) has mentioned this as well.

I bet that's what happened! I have not dropped it, but perhaps I left the nib out too far and put the cap on too tight! I might get brave and see if I can fix it... if its ruined anyway I don't have anything to lose, right?

You can always dig up another nib for it. If you don't want another Noodler's Flex nib, you can always try another of the standard #6 nibs available from many of the sellers. I have a Knorad with a nice Bock #6 in it - works fine.